Just off the Pride. Ask away!

lukeduke07

The wife and I just got off the Pride out of Tampa 7 day to Cozumel, Roatan, and Cozumel (again)

We are sailing the Pride out Baltimore in August, will try to come up with just a few questions. In the meantime I will follow this thread. Thanks!!

Been reading a lot of conflicting reports re: the Pride lately...what was your take on things? Good service ?

Service was hit or miss. Alchemy bar had the best bartenders on the ship. Took over an hour to get my brunch on sea day. Overall I was disappointed in this ship.

Do you know what internet packages were available? Also, I read that the Pride was going to get self-service wine dispensers in the Library Bar. Could you tell me if it did?

Thanks. Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Didnt see the wine dispensers. I normally dont use internet on the ship. It is terribly expensive and slow. Your best bet is to wait until you port and use WIFI somewhere. (most restaurants have free WIFI if you are dining there)

What happened? Cozumel twice?

10-12 foot seas too windy and rough to tender at belize and the captain tried to dock at costa maya for at least an hour before giving up and taking us back to cozumel.

THey gave us $14.98 each OBC for missing Belize, $1.96 OBC each for missing cozumel and 25% off a future cruise for missing the two ports.

Not sure what you mean by changing David. David's didn't look different in November.

OP, who was CD and who was maitre d'?

Others who've been on Pride since drydock, have posted pictures of the David statue with an "alteration".....my "question" is mostly facetious...but OP did say "ask away...so I did!!

10-12 foot seas too windy and rough to tender at belize and the captain tried to dock at costa maya for at least an hour before giving up and taking us back to cozumel.

THey gave us $14.98 each OBC for missing Belize, $1.96 OBC each for missing cozumel and 25% off a future cruise for missing the two ports.

Did you feel the seas onboard? We are on the Pride in 2 weeks and DD is prone to motion sickness. Last year on the Dream we only felt anything on the last day but she was fine.... pride being smaller and more slender I wondered if it feels the seas more.

Also was it 25% OBC on next booking or off the cruise fare? Not that I would complain about either because a day on board is still a day on a cruise vacation whether we port or not... In fact it might be cheaper on the budget to miss a port... Lol.

Service was hit or miss. Alchemy bar had the best bartenders on the ship. Took over an hour to get my brunch on sea day. Overall I was disappointed in this ship.

We were on this same cruise and we had great service everywhere except the Alchemy Bar. The bartender was very rude to us and this was the only bar we had a problem.....this is why you have to take everyones comments with a grain of salt. I just depends on the person - guest & server