Conquest or Breeze, east or south

melsal

Between those 2 ships, I would definitely take the Breeze. A really great waterworks with 2 big slides & splash factory on Breeze vs. 1 slide on Conquest. For waterslide enthusiasts, the Breeze is a huge winner here. Breeze also has the ropes course & 3D theater (at an extra cost). The nighttime stage shows on both ships are pretty bad (no live music & very short), but Breeze's 3D theater gave me something fun to do at night. Breeze also has the Red Frog Pub on the promenade deck. Breeze has the nice oceans plaza & the lanai on promenade deck, plus my 2 favorite cabin types: deluxe oceanview with 1.5 bathrooms & cove balconies. Plus, Breeze has the Italian restaurant: extra pay for dinner, but free for lunch & very good. None of these things are on Conquest. Breeze's aft pool is much nicer, as it's more open & overlooks the wake of the ship. And Breeze has the Cloud 9 Spa: extra cost or it's included if you book a Cloud 9 Spa room. Those fancy sauna-like rooms & the therapy pool are really nice.

Now to the very few advantages that Conquest has. Conquest has more pools, 3 vs 2 on Breeze. Conquest also has 3 hot tubs around the main pool areas, while Breeze has 0 hot tubs anywhere near the main pool or waterslide areas. Conquest has the Alchemy Bar, which is totally irrelevant to me, but people who enjoy their alcohol seem to really like this one for some reason.

For the ports, I like both the Eastern & the Southern. I don't care for the Bahamas, but all other ports that are included in "Eastern" are great, and many of them are just as nice as the ones that are considered "Southern". I unfortunately have not yet been to Aruba. The Eastern ones are closer to Florida, meaning that more ships go there. This isn't a bad thing to me, but some people like the less crowded ports.

I would also choose the 8 day on the Breeze hands down if you can afford it. It will probably cost more. But, it's the newest ship with the most features and most people come back from their cruises saying how much they love that ship. I can't wait for our Breeze cruise! Easy choice IMHO!

I would go with the Conquest because I have no interest in slides, 3D theater or 6000 people. We use the ship to get us to interesting places and not to be crammed in with a small city.

The Breeze does not have 6000 people. Your numbers are off. I have been on it, the Dream twice, and the Magic. These ships can have 4000+, and that's when most beds are being used, but not 6000. The capacity on the Breeze is 3690 double occupancy. Don't confuse the Breeze with the Oasis or Allure of the Seas. Oasis and Allure carry more passengers (5400 double occupancy, 6296 maximum) but they are also larger.

We chose the Breeze Southern for next year. Great itinerary, new ship.

Good choice....we sail Breeze in December.....looking forward to it....

To OP, yes Breeze wins hands down....we sailed Conquest April 14, worst Carnival ship we have been on. Lots of broke stuff, worn carpet, cracked tiles in buffet area......I don't care for the rear pool on Conquest, retractable roof they don't open until 930am or so....very musty in the back area until they open it......pool on back of Breeze is fresh air. Conquest was just beat down..unless it has had a refurb since we sailed.....we wont cruise it again. We just sailed the Paradise, it is ALOT older than Conquest, but in better shape.

We sailed the Magic & Dream, sisters to Breeze.....only negative was the back pool was not restricted to adults....my only complaint on the ship....why not restrict it, the kids have an entire water park on the ship.....give the PAYING adults a pool.......Serenity area doesn't have a pool just hot hot hot tubs...I like standing in the pool with drink in hand and no kids flipping around.....:D

Its a no brainer for me and most posters here!!!!

Edited by 1gr8cruise