Celebrity Reflection with kids ages 5 & 8?

jennymaxgirl

I am just wondering if we will be uncomfortable with the kids on this ship. I understand fully that RCCL or NCL would be a more kid-friendly choice, but my husband and I, in our forties, aren't big fans of the loud poolside games, crowds, loud music, etc. The kids will be happy to be a ship period, as they are fascinated with the structure and mechanics of a ship and it will be their first cruise.

Basically wondering if other guests would be irritated to see kids this age in the pools, etc. I don't want to feel like we have to tip toe around as to not bother anyone. My kids are well behaved, but they are kids and they would naturally have louder voices, etc.

Please let me know your thoughts.

We took our kids on Celebrity for the first time in 1994. Out of the 5 lines they have sailed on, Celebrity is still their favorite.

If they don't need a dozen others to 'hang' with, they will be fine.

Celebrity kids program personal do a good job, but keep in mind that the Celebrity product is designed and geared toward you and me!:D

EW

I don't think your children will have any problems on Celebrity if they are as you say - well behaved. When people start giving children and parents the stink eye is when the children either are not behaving (screaming on the balcony is one that drives me nuts) or are in an area that is adults only such as the solarium.

We once had a dinner in Tuscan Grill ruined when the parents at the next table kept letting their child throw a toy to the floor. They never broke their conversation to address their child and it would throw the toy down loudly, they'd pick it up and give it back - over and over and over ..... again. We were miserable and yes - they were getting the stink eye.

Let your common sense prevail and I hope you all have a wonderful cruise.

I am just wondering if we will be uncomfortable with the kids on this ship. I understand fully that RCCL or NCL would be a more kid-friendly choice, but my husband and I, in our forties, aren't big fans of the loud poolside games, crowds, loud music, etc. The kids will be happy to be a ship period, as they are fascinated with the structure and mechanics of a ship and it will be their first cruise.

Basically wondering if other guests would be irritated to see kids this age in the pools, etc. I don't want to feel like we have to tip toe around as to not bother anyone. My kids are well behaved, but they are kids and they would naturally have louder voices, etc.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Well behaved kids are never a problem - anywhere. The only exceptions are obviously the areas specified as "adults only" such as the solarium pool.

We've had some unpleasant experiences with kids on board, but to be honest it was absolutely the parents fault.

For example, on NCL, kids under 16 were not allowed in the first couple rows of the theater for the evening shows. On two nights, there was a woman with THREE unruly young children in the first row. Not only were they loud and disruptive, they were also jumping in and out of their seats, wrestling around on the floor, and their mother clearly had no control over them.

Finally, someone from one of the upper rows yelled down to them, and the whole theater applauded.

We've been in the dining room, and upon leaving, noticed there was a table with 2 young children right behind us. We never heard a word from them. They were perfectly behaved children.

Even if a child decides they want to have a tantrum - it is very simple to just take the child out of the dining room until they are once again able to behave themselves. You would be surprised at how many parents simply ignore their screaming child - or else they scream right back at them making it even worse.

Sorry for the rant :)

The fact that you cared enough to ask shows me you are very likely wonderful parents.

Your well behaved kids should be just fine!

Well we sail holidays when there are kids on board so maybe those sailings have fewer who do not like kids. My kids were treated like princesses by the staff. We had many guests on board tell us how cute, sweet, good they were. One elderly couplet who tables away on the last night said if they hadn't seen the kids walk past their table they would never have known they were there. We stay out of the solarium and just enjoy the pool, fun factory and exploring the ship together. Only here do I see complaints. Btw we have had in the past a drunk adult turning do not disturb card to please make up, drunk adults being very loud at 12, 1 or 2 am. As long as everyone adult and kids are respectful you will have a fabulous cruise.

We have sailed Celebrity for many years and there are always children on board. Celebrity cruise has the Fun Factory and their kids program get rave reviews and the staff are well trained and attentive. One cruise we didn't even know that many kids were on board until we saw them eating ice cream together in the buffet with the camp counsellors.

Last summer, we cruised with our 1 year old granddaughter and were treated royally by the staff. Since she was too young for the pool we brought a little blow up pool and put it between our deck chairs. We were trying to be unobtrusive, but the pool staff insisted on filling it and even emptying it each day. At designated times we took her to the Fun Factory to play with the toddler toys when the camp kids were out and about doing activities. At dinner her chicken strips and fries appeared instantly and when she became restless one of the family members took her out for s walk. At no time did we feel anything other than valued guests with our little one.

Celebrity isn't an adults only cruise line. If you are having a good time, then your kids will have a good time.

If someone gives you the stink eye just because you have kids then give them the stink eye right back. No. Don't do that. That terrible advice. Just smile and enjoy. It goes by so fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we sail holidays when there are kids on board so maybe those sailings have fewer who do not like kids. My kids were treated like princesses by the staff. We had many guests on board tell us how cute, sweet, good they were. One elderly couplet who tables away on the last night said if they hadn't seen the kids walk past their table they would never have known they were there. We stay out of the solarium and just enjoy the pool, fun factory and exploring the ship together. Only here do I see complaints. Btw we have had in the past a drunk adult turning do not disturb card to please make up, drunk adults being very loud at 12, 1 or 2 am. As long as everyone adult and kids are respectful you will have a fabulous cruise.

I was actually just thinking that as much as I see the occasional post around here from people who have had to deal with children being little monsters, all of my worst and most disruptive experiences aboard Celebrity have been thanks to adults (younger and older) who have had way too much to drink, NOT children. That's not to say that kids are always well-behaved, but thus far the ones I've run into on Celebrity have been very sweet and with excellent manners.

We took my daughter on the Reflection in Dec 2012. She had just turned 9 and had a terrific time. This was not during the regular winter break but there were still a fair number of children on board.

She said she would like to go on the Reflection again. We normally sail Princess and Celebrity and she enjoys each and every cruise.

Your kids will have a great time :)

We did the constellation for spring break last year with our 3 girls aged 6-8-10.

They loved it. Fun factory, seeing what ice cream flavored were offered each afternoon, pool, reading, sitting on balcony,exploring the ship with mom and dad.

We are doing Silhouette this March with Grandparents and everyone is excited!

Enjoy!

Edited by villageneighbor

Took my DGD on Reflection last August. She was 4 at the time. She loved it. Only problem with kids club that we had is she didn't want to leave, was having too good a time. All the staff were wonderful with her and any other children on board that I witnessed. Went with DD & SIL and she spent mornings in club and then again in the evening. She went swimming most afternoons with her Dad.

Loved it so much DD & I are taking her away again on Eclipse in August to the Fjords. Again hopefully she will enjoy club DD will enjoy trips and I will relax and enjoy the ship. What more could you ask fo?

When we sailed Reflection in November, my kids were 7 and 8.

They rated Reflection as the BEST cruise ever (for a lot of reasons). You can see my cruising history in my signature; my kids have been on each cruise since 2010 except for GOTS. So that's a lot of cruising for two little kids to go through and pick X as their favourite!!!

Most kids are pretty close in nature to their parents. And parents who prefer what X has to offer, likely have raised kids who appreciate the same.

I posted a review here of our trip but it's probably on page 20 or so by now:p. if you have any questions, just ask!