Chef's table comparison

Barnes11

We are long time Carnival cruisers and just booked our first NCL cruise on the Getaway for May. We've done chef's table on Carnival and have absolutely loved it. I am wondering if the experience on Norwegian is similar. Has anyone that has done CT on both cruise lines able to offer info?

We are long time Carnival cruisers and just booked our first NCL cruise on the Getaway for May. We've done chef's table on Carnival and have absolutely loved it. I am wondering if the experience on Norwegian is similar. Has anyone that has done CT on both cruise lines able to offer info?

I have dined at the chef's table on Norwegian twice and on Carnival once. I was on the Magic in November and participated. I have absolutely loved them both. They are both elegant and delicious. There are a few differences between Carnival's and NCL's but I would not say one is better than the other, just different. Yes, absolutely go, you will love it.

Ok, have to ask... Cubs or Sox?

Edited by DMH15

No motivation to change it as long as it continues to sell out on every cruise, sometimes have to add a second one!

More to it than that. Carnival's sells out too and they are on to the third menu. As a trained chef, I know about buzz, keeping it fresh.

More to it than that. Carnival's sells out too and they are on to the third menu. As a trained chef, I know about buzz, keeping it fresh.

Definitely no buzz here. As the menu doesn't appeal to us, we won't consider booking it unless the menu changes.

FWIW, I have read on here of Chef's Tables being canceled for lack of sign ups, so selling out is definitely not a given.

But a TRUE Chefs table is a menu a chef will design and prepare using product that is in season and fresh as possible. The one on NCL (I cant comment for other lines) is actually a gourmet dinner (IMHO). I say this because I am a self proclaimed food snob living in New Orleans and have been to many Chefs tables down here.