Internet on the Sky?

albertamom

We are approaching our 4th NCL cruise, but first on the Sky. I can't believe that I didn't know this before, but I have just come across info online saying that internet is not available in the staterooms. Can you only access the internet in the Internet Cafe, or on a mobile device in public areas?

I know that I should be able to unplug for 3 days, but this is our first cruise without our kids, and I want to be able to check in on them. :)

Folks that successfully used it - both wireless internet access and hard-wired/ethernet port in each stateroom, or lack of wireless access (majority of users connect via WiFi these days as a matter of convenience) ??

In earlier days, wireless access was only in certain public area and stateroom access was via the ethernet port but ...

Just off the Sky this weekend. Officially, wireless Internet is only available in public areas on Decks 5, 6, 7, 11 & 12. If your room is on Deck 8 or 10 and close to one of the main elevator stacks or staircases, you may get a weaker signal in your room. I did notice that there were crews running data cables all over the ship, so they may be close to offering wi-fi everywhere.

Just off the Sky this weekend. Officially, wireless Internet is only available in public areas on Decks 5, 6, 7, 11 & 12. If your room is on Deck 8 or 10 and close to one of the main elevator stacks or staircases, you may get a weaker signal in your room. I did notice that there were crews running data cables all over the ship, so they may be close to offering wi-fi everywhere.

Thank you for such a detailed response. Knowing that I will have wireless access in the public areas helps. Maybe by the time we cruise, we'll have it in our stateroom as well. We have our first aft penthouse booked, and I don't plan on leaving that beautiful balcony very often. :)