FTF-Suite

brovol

I have a question for those in the know. I sailing the March 29 Dream with my wife and two kids. We have two rooms; an aft balcony, and an Ocean Suite. We are driving, and live in Michigan. It is important that we get off the ship as soon as possible, and on the road, because I need to drive straight through. We have sailed many lines previously, including carnival, and I know we have used the Faster to The Fun package before, in order to get some priority disembarkation. My question is, do I need to get FTF with the suite, or will I get priority disembarkation as a suite perk? I know the suite gets me priority embarkation, but I am worried about the disembarkation.

While I am asking questions, does anyone have tips for getting off the ship in NO and on the road quickly? We are going to just park in the terminal garage. Any help is appreciated. Thanks friends.

No, the suite does not get you off early.

IF you carry your own bags off and have FTTF you can get off first with the platinum folks.

That is the fastest way off the ship.

IF you need help with your luggage and cannot carry it off yourself then you'll wait until Group 1 is called which is after all the carry your own bags folks are off the ship.

Then you'll also have to wait in the parking garage for the folks in front of you to pay and leave so it will take longer.

No, the suite does not get you off early.

IF you carry your own bags off and have FTTF you can get off first with the platinum folks.

That is the fastest way off the ship.

IF you need help with your luggage and cannot carry it off yourself then you'll wait until Group 1 is called which is after all the carry your own bags folks are off the ship.

Then you'll also have to wait in the parking garage for the folks in front of you to pay and leave so it will take longer.

Perhaps things have changed since our last suite cruise, but our experience has been that suite passengers do get a lower zone number for debarkation. In our case, it was always zone 1 or zone 2. Just checked and according to Carnival.com, "Priority embarkation and debarkation" is one of the amenities you get with a suite.

Perhaps things have changed since our last suite cruise, but our experience has been that suite passengers do get a lower zone number for debarkation. In our case, it was always zone 1 or zone 2. Just checked and according to Carnival.com, "Priority embarkation and debarkation" is one of the amenities you get with a suite.

Ya, I just looked, and it does say priority disembakation. But in other areas it lists only priority embarkation. wondering if it is worth me getting the FTTF. Seems i shouldnt need it. Not many perks with suite on carnival. Doesnt eaven look like we will get priority reservations for dinner. Oh well, no real biggie I guess.

My last question is, assuming I will get the priority disembarkation for the suite that my wife and I will be in, will the kids, who are in an aft balcony be able to disembark with us?

Edited by brovol

Ya, I just looked, and it does say priority disembakation. But in other areas it lists only priority embarkation. wondering if it is worth me getting the FTTF. Seems i shouldnt need it. Not many perks with suite on carnival. Doesnt eaven look like we will get priority reservations for dinner. Oh well, no real biggie I guess.

My last question is, assuming I will get the priority disembarkation for the suite that my wife and I will be in, will the kids, who are in an aft balcony be able to disembark with us?

Well, we haven't been in your situation with others in a non-suite stateroom, so don't have first-hand experience to rely on. Having said this, on the day before debarkation, you will be given luggage tags designating your debarkation zone. Depending on how many bags you have between the two rooms, you might be able use these for everyone's bags from both rooms, and simply debark as a group. If you don't have enough tags, you could also request a couple more from the guest services desk. Best thing to do is to stop by the guest services desk, explain your situation, and see what they can do for you. We've found them to be fairly accommodating in the past.

As for the value of FTTF for suite passengers, there are some potential advantages there as it does guarantee you priority debarkation for the folks in the aft stateroom. It will also get you priority luggage handling at embarkation, meaning you will (should) get your luggage delivered to your stateroom(s) quicker. There is some confusion out there as to whether you get this 'express luggage' treatment as a suite customer without FTTF. I had thought not, but others have commented otherwise.