first time in suite ?

MsJ

Hello, Next week we will be on the Breakaway for the second time and our 3rd time doing the NYC to Bahamas route. But we have never been in a suite out of the 18 other cruises we have done. I have been reading as much as I can to understand what a butler and a concierge do.

We would like to spend the day at jetties Park in Port Canaveral. Would one ask the concierge to arrange getting a taxi at the port or is just as easy to get off ship and get a taxi ourselves?

Thank you,

Marianne

Getting a taxi off the ship would not be something the concierge would do. If you wanted to book an excursion or make a dinner reservation, he would happily do that for you, but asking for anything off-ship is your responsibility.

I've never had Port Canaveral as a destination, just a departure point, but I would imagine there would be plenty of taxis available there as I'm sure some crew members would need transportation (aside from the usual Walmart bus!) as well as others looking to get around without having a ship's excursion.

Getting a taxi off the ship would not be something the concierge would do. If you wanted to book an excursion or make a dinner reservation, he would happily do that for you, but asking for anything off-ship is your responsibility.

I've never had Port Canaveral as a destination, just a departure point, but I would imagine there would be plenty of taxis available there as I'm sure some crew members would need transportation (aside from the usual Walmart bus!) as well as others looking to get around without having a ship's excursion.

To say "anything off-ship is your responsibility" is incorrect. I have twice asked concierge's to arrange shoreside transportation for me. Once to arrange a limo for the day and once to arrange a limo to a distant airport. Just ask if something you require is within their duties to arrange and they will let you know.

WRT a taxi, I would think that the OP can easily obtain one at the port themselves.

Hello, Next week we will be on the Breakaway for the second time and our 3rd time doing the NYC to Bahamas route. But we have never been in a suite out of the 18 other cruises we have done. I have been reading as much as I can to understand what a butler and a concierge do.

We would like to spend the day at jetties Park in Port Canaveral. Would one ask the concierge to arrange getting a taxi at the port or is just as easy to get off ship and get a taxi ourselves?

Thank you,

Marianne

To break it down for you;

Butler- takes care of everything inside your suite

Concierge- takes care of everything outside the suite

** if you have a problem with tv not working or toilet won't flush; contact your concierge;;he or she can get this fixed quicker than guest relations

Edited by AF-1

To break it down for you;

Butler- takes care of everything inside your suite

Concierge- takes care of everything outside the suite

** if you have a problem with tv not working or toilet won't flush; contact your concierge;;he or she can get this fixed quicker than guest relations

Funny our toilet and safe had problems. I called guest relations. Didn't see anybody. Called the butler. Somebody came shortly afterwards. So call your butler for suite problems.