UBP - Must try cocktail/drink list!

Warm-Water Diver

Would it be possible for someone to please email me the list? I am not able to download it.

Here is another that I put together for an earlier cruise.

Since many have the UBP and the new bar menus have limited drinks listed, I have created a list of beverages that have been mentioned on Cruise Critic. Here is the LINK for Beverage List.

OK since I started the original post I'll keep track of list and post periodically.

Here's what I have so far:

Ketel One Martini

Manhattan

Mai Tai

Rebellious Fish

Pain killer

Bahama Mama

Long Island Ice Tea

Stolichnaya vodka Lemon Drop Shots

Bloody Mary

Dark and Stormy

Yellow Bird

Espresso Martini

Amaretto Stone Sour

Dirty Banana

Watermelon Martini

Lemon Drop Martini

Grey Goose Electric Lemonade

Tropical Passion

Stormy Nights Martini

Mango Meltdown

Ultimate Margarita

Cherry Rum and Pepsi

Fireball

Raspberry Mojito

Cherry Collins

FROZEN

Miami Vice

Toasted Almond

BBC

Twilight Zone

Mudslide

Thank You

Hey WWD - in a post last week someone mentioned that many drinks are exclusive to BA and BA+ ships, and that the older ships aren't equipped to make many of the drinks we're accustomed to on the newer ships.

Any experience or thoughts on this?

Hey Doug! I understand the issue as I've heard that several times. My take is almost all of the drinks on this list should be able to made on all the ships including the older ones (NCL Dawn, Star etc). I sailed on both BA, BA+ and the older ships and the traditional spirits (Gin, Vodka, Scotch, Whiskey) as well as traditional mixers (tonic, sodas) and juices (melon, watermelon, coconut, raspberry, apple) are stocked in the bars throughout the ship. So they SHOULD be able to make almost all of the drinks on the list, but..... IMHO it highly depends on the bar location and the actual bartender as I was told several times at certain bars on the ESCAPE "I can't make that" or I received an informal shaking of the head (NO!).

That said I can only think of a few drinks that might not be available on the "older" ships since some of the liquors are considered "specialty" such as the "Mr. Worldwide" and "Pimm's #8 cup" simply because they don't stock the Pimms liquor.

That said, I think that some of these bartenders are either inexperienced or just plain don't want to take the extra effort to "mix" some of the more complex (more than 3 liquors in drink) cocktails on the list. So in my opinion your experience may vary depending on both of these facts.

My advice:

1) if bartender refuses to make drink or drinks on the list. Simply try another bar. That's what I did on the Escape and I found that the bigger bars (MIXX, Atrium bar, Tobacco Road etc) were almost always able to make any cocktail on the list provided you at least knew the ingredients and quantity if they weren't familiar with the recipe. Another example: the pool bar (great bartenders by the way) straight out told me they could not make the "Rum Cake" cocktail because they did not stock Pyrat XO dark rum at that particular bar AND told me to try the other "bigger" bars which did stock that spirit.

2) if you are repeatedly told that they will not make the majority of the drinks on the list, speak to the head of the "Barstaff" as they are clearly refusing drinks for some other non-apparent reason and I think that is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

I hope I've helped everyone to understand the issue versus getting it all "muddled" up. PUN INTENDED! :)

Best... Post... Ever!!!

Here here! I agree! I'm mostly a wine drinker and the wine by the glass is nothing to write a post about... I fell sure Meridan Chardonnay for $8.95 a glass will show up here. This post is very motivating to branch out with the UBP! Appreciate all the great suggestions.

I am also mostly a wine drinker, and have not been on Norwegian in many years. I am looking forward to cruise on Escape next year. So, is this Meridian Chardonnay ok? I am not really a wine snob, but there are some lower priced ones that I really don't like. Can anyone recommend some decent wines that are under 15.00/glass , even if a bit more, I don't mind spending the extra cost. I will have the UBP btw.

Some of these drinks on the list really sound great though. Cant wait:)

Edited by SMSACE6

A absolute MUST try is a Boaty McBoat-face. It was suggested to me on my last Gem cruise. I thought the guy was pulling my leg at first. I ordered one, and oh my GOD! It was to die for. It's vodka with lemonade, and a light (not too sweet) blueberry type juice. I think theres a little bit of something else as well, but I'm not sure. I do know it was very, very good!

I am also mostly a wine drinker, and have not been on Norwegian in many years. I am looking forward to cruise on Escape next year. So, is this Meridian Chardonnay ok? I am not really a wine snob, but there are some lower priced ones that I really don't like. Can anyone recommend some decent wines that are under 15.00/glass , even if a bit more, I don't mind spending the extra cost. I will have the UBP btw.

Some of these drinks on the list really sound great though. Cant wait:)

The Meridan Chardonnay retails for about $6 a bottle. But, I've had much worse low end wines. It was a good buget choice. Like you, I enjoy nice wine but am not a wine snob. We hit Napa Valley once a year, but I'm not married to any brands. My issue was how limited their selection of wine by the glass is. The only other chard was their private Mondavi label, North by South I think was the name. It was cheaper and I liked it less. There are a few international wines in speciality restaurants. Of course Escape has the Mondavi Wine Bar and I'm assuming a broader selection there. But I've not seen the menu.

Thanks for this list and spreadsheet! So helpful!!!

I noticed that you have included shots on the list. Are those also included in the UBP? (as long as they are under $11)

From the NCL website all drinks up to and including 15 dollars are included in the UBP package[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N900P using Forums mobile app

The Meridan Chardonnay retails for about $6 a bottle. But, I've had much worse low end wines. It was a good buget choice. Like you, I enjoy nice wine but am not a wine snob. We hit Napa Valley once a year, but I'm not married to any brands. My issue was how limited their selection of wine by the glass is. The only other chard was their private Mondavi label, North by South I think was the name. It was cheaper and I liked it less. There are a few international wines in speciality restaurants. Of course Escape has the Mondavi Wine Bar and I'm assuming a broader selection there. But I've not seen the menu.

Thanks for the info. I will give whatever they have a try, and if I cant find something that I like, I will just find something else to drink;) I am looking forward to the Mondavi Wine bar, and have had some nice Mondavi wines.

thanks again for the info.

Just off the Jewel. The raised the prices of many of the drinks that were included in the drink package back in February. For instance : chocolate martini will now cost $3.95. Wow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Just off the Jewel. The raised the prices of many of the drinks that were included in the drink package back in February. For instance : chocolate martini will now cost $3.95. Wow

I downloaded a NCL beverage menu that showed a chocolate martini as $8.95. Are you saying it is now$18.95? Meaning the $15 credit from the UBP and an additional $3.95?

Does anyone have a current beverage menu?

Thanks.

I downloaded a NCL beverage menu that showed a chocolate martini as $8.95. Are you saying it is now$18.95? Meaning the $15 credit from the UBP and an additional $3.95?

Thanks.

Exactly. I did not take a photo of the menu.

Exactly. I did not take a photo of the menu.

Jeez....I'm frustrated.....we just booked a cruise and purchased the UBP. I knew the wine choices would be poor, so I was planning on enjoying mixed drinks (something I don't typically do). I do not want to pay on top of the package.

Thanks.

Some how that doesn't surprise me the most current bar list ive seen was on a post by gambee he had all the bar lists on ship

Sent from my SM-N900P using Forums mobile app