Trying to Fake Myself Out

Shore>Mom

I guess there was a box to check about tips that I missed when I booked. I would love to pre pay tips now so I don't get sticker shock when I get last night bill. If I pay it now I can pretend that it never happened LOL. Possible?

Just call and they will happily take your credit card.

They'll be happy to take your money but I never understand wanting to pay for something before it is necessary? Why should Carnival have your money early??

There won't be any sticker shock since you know that tips are $12 per day per person.

Unless you pay the full cruise fare before it is due, how long will Carnival really have your money?

I would rather prepay my tips also. I don't pay for the cruise the day I board. Final payment is due months in advance. I like to prepay as much as I can. Less to worry about. And the tips is the easiest of all to pay in advance. You get every dime back if you cancel or don't make it for some reason. OP just call once your trip is paid in full.

I would rather prepay my tips also. I don't pay for the cruise the day I board. Final payment is due months in advance. I like to prepay as much as I can. Less to worry about. And the tips is the easiest of all to pay in advance. You get every dime back if you cancel or don't make it for some reason. OP just call once your trip is paid in full.

Agree, We started prepaying our tips a few years ago.

If I booked through a TA can I still call Carnival directly to prepay the tips. I would like to use a Carnival Gift card to do this.

Also where will it show up as I have prepaid them, I haven't done the check in yet

We also book through a TA and yes you can prepay your tips by calling them. They will call Carnival and have them paid. And yes we prepaid our tips last year with a gift card.

I always prepay mine so it's one less thing I have to worry about when onboard. It's just part of the cost of cruising to me. It's not like I would be gaining any extra money by leaving it in the bank. I usually buy Gift Cards at a discount ahead of time anyway, so Carnival already has my money.

I am one of those types of people that have to have everything paid and planned way in advance. It makes me feel better knowing that when I walk on board, the only charge I know I will have is my Bottomless Bubbles. Everything else is entirely optional.

If I booked through a TA can I still call Carnival directly to prepay the tips. I would like to use a Carnival Gift card to do this.

Also where will it show up as I have prepaid them, I haven't done the check in yet

I just prepaid ours for a Pride cruise next month, but I go through my PVP, so I get an updated booking email, and it shows up under my booking info on Carnivals website.

When you book with a TA, you can still use the manage booking part of Carnivals site right?