Quiet OV cabin on LP Maasdam?

Laurino

Hi,

I'm looking for a quiet oceanview cabin on Lower Promenade deck on Maasdam. Looking at the deck plans, I'm thinking of forward E/EE322-329 or aft EE/HH/H391-421, as they will at least avoid the showroom and MDR galley above. I suppose A deck or Main deck would be quieter, but I would like the convenient access to promenade deck, restaurants etc.

Can anyone recommend these cabins?

I'm asking because when we cruised onboard Nieuw Amsterdam last summer, we could hear the Northern Lights disco at night even though we were two decks above :eek: in cabin G4074. We were not disturbed by activities on Promenade deck however. Does Maasdam even have a disco?

This thread may help you with your decision: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2111489

I will be on the Maasdam in May so cannot provide you with personal experience yet. I don't think the Maasdam has a disco. I'm pretty sure discos are only on the Vista and Signature ships (but someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong).

Edited by Alberta Quilter

I was in 328 on the Veendam (sister ship) and loved it. It's a lanai on the Veendam and OV on the Maasdam. The location was wonderful. Right behind the elevators for easy access and only one "real" neighbor. The Cruise Director office was on the other side and their was no noise from there ever. I would definitely book that location/room again.

This thread may help you with your decision: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2111489 I will be on the Maasdam in May so cannot provide you with personal experience yet.

Yes that's a good thread, I have actually seen it before and forgotten about it... Thanks for the reminder :p We'd like to book Maasdam for a late June sailing.