Comments from our recent Allure cruise

jebridan

I was also on this cruise and the original poster has it spot on. I have never encountered so many rude obnoxious people! You couldn't go to the windnammer without someone bumping, cutting you. By the end of the cruise I was ready to throw elbows! I still had fun though:)

That's my problem with situations like this. I would become defensive and aggressive when it comes to dealing with them. We've gone to Disney often enough to encounter rude behaviour many times and when we get there, sadly, we're on guard. This is not a way to vacation. And I don't think it's good for my children to feel they need to be on guard for things like this. So, we've cut down. Instead of spending 2 weeks every 6mths at Disney, we've added cruises or go elsewhere. Unfortunately WDW doesn't seem to handle them as well as they should. It's a problem, because, as someone mentioned, a lot of people (and not just tour groups) feel that if they spent all that money, they should be able to do what they want. I wonder why they don't think others spent money too. Anyway, we've only cruised with DCL 6 times, and thankfully, we haven't encounter what the OP (and others on here) had to deal with in their cruises. It would be much more difficult to avoid them when we're all on the same ship, no matter how big it is.

I also agree that culture has a lot to do with it. In Canada, we have different attitudes. We understand when we go to different cultures, that people have different belief and mannerism, but sometimes it's just a little too much.

I do also think that such groups have so much pride in their culture/country that they want people to know. But there's better ways. We're also proud to be Canadians, but we don't need to throw it at people's faces. We wear Canadian pins or hats and if we see someone with the flag, we may ask them where their from and comment that "it's a small world". We see this in many other cultures as well. So pride doesn't equate to harassment. I just don't understand why some need to bother others to make them look united.

Someone posted the list of celebration times and I would definitely make an effort to avoid those times.

We cruised the Allure on the 2/15 sailing.

It's been a few years since we sailed with RC and we thought the quality of the food was not nearly as good as it has been in the past. We heard this comment from others as well. We didn't starve, mind you! Breakfast in the MDR was our favorite every day. And lunch in the Park Cafe was always good.

The activities and shows were very good as usual.

My biggest complaint on this sailing was a VERY large group of Brazilians that were onboard. I know this is not a complaint against RC. These people were the rudest people I have ever met in my life. We heard this from MANY other passengers as well. I played in a poker tournament one day and they wouldn't stop speaking portuguese to each other. The pit boss and dealer warned them well over 10 times and they wouldn't follow the rules. I suppose he could have tossed them but there were like 20 of them around the table and who knows what they would have done. There were several instances where they were scary rude. If you said excuse me if they were in your way, they would completely ignore you. They cut in lines. They completely took over On Air for every karaoke night singing spanish songs, there was no room for anyone else. I know everyone has a right to vacation when and where and there is nothing RC could have done about this. I am in no way saying that all Brazilians are like this either but this group for the most part was not well behaved and their rudeness was unbelievable.

There were loads of kids on this cruise. It was to be expected with it being school vacation week. One of the crew told us there were over 1000 kids onboard and he had never seen such bratty kids on a cruise. They were running up and down hallways, being rude in the pools and hottubs, playing in the stairwells and elevators, etc. *sigh*... the usual complaints. I will never understand parents who let their kids loose on cruiseships. I personally witnessed 2 young boys, about 10 and 8 I'd say, around 10pm one night call their parents over the walkie talkies. The kid called his dad and when his dad answered he asked if his dad was still up and could they go in the pool in their clothes instead of going back to the room to change. So basically, these parents had gone to bed and their little darlings were out roaming the ship. BTW, the dad said yes so these 2 went off to get in the pool in their clothes. Unreal.

The employees on the ship were wonderful as usual. Always friendly and helpful.

There is possibly still a small issue with noro onboard. We received a survey the last day saying there were some sick passengers and had anyone in our stateroom been sick. We didnt witness anyone sick all week.

I would still sail her again. I love the Allure. We had a great time and it was so good to get away from the cold here in New England.

We were on the sailing before yours.

We also got the Noro Letter. So that makes it 4 weeks in a row.

We were disappointed in the food as well.

Kid wise there was about 30 in my sons teen group. 12-17. Its amazing how it can vary from one week to the next. But we experienced Bratty kids as well. There was a group of 3-4 kids who were very ignorant. Normally DS is in the teen club every night but after these groups of kids greeted him with a "Who the f are you" then started to bash Canada in the teen cub the one night he decided to hang with us. So disappointing. These were the kids that ran around the ship all week pushing past people with parents no where in sight. I would be ashamed if I was the parents of these kids!

We cruised the Allure on the 2/15 sailing.

It's been a few years since we sailed with RC and we thought the quality of the food was not nearly as good as it has been in the past. We heard this comment from others as well. We didn't starve, mind you! Breakfast in the MDR was our favorite every day. And lunch in the Park Cafe was always good.

The activities and shows were very good as usual.

My biggest complaint on this sailing was a VERY large group of Brazilians that were onboard. I know this is not a complaint against RC. These people were the rudest people I have ever met in my life. We heard this from MANY other passengers as well. I played in a poker tournament one day and they wouldn't stop speaking portuguese to each other. The pit boss and dealer warned them well over 10 times and they wouldn't follow the rules. I suppose he could have tossed them but there were like 20 of them around the table and who knows what they would have done. There were several instances where they were scary rude. If you said excuse me if they were in your way, they would completely ignore you. They cut in lines. They completely took over On Air for every karaoke night singing spanish songs, there was no room for anyone else. I know everyone has a right to vacation when and where and there is nothing RC could have done about this. I am in no way saying that all Brazilians are like this either but this group for the most part was not well behaved and their rudeness was unbelievable.

There were loads of kids on this cruise. It was to be expected with it being school vacation week. One of the crew told us there were over 1000 kids onboard and he had never seen such bratty kids on a cruise. They were running up and down hallways, being rude in the pools and hottubs, playing in the stairwells and elevators, etc. *sigh*... the usual complaints. I will never understand parents who let their kids loose on cruiseships. I personally witnessed 2 young boys, about 10 and 8 I'd say, around 10pm one night call their parents over the walkie talkies. The kid called his dad and when his dad answered he asked if his dad was still up and could they go in the pool in their clothes instead of going back to the room to change. So basically, these parents had gone to bed and their little darlings were out roaming the ship. BTW, the dad said yes so these 2 went off to get in the pool in their clothes. Unreal.

The employees on the ship were wonderful as usual. Always friendly and helpful.

There is possibly still a small issue with noro onboard. We received a survey the last day saying there were some sick passengers and had anyone in our stateroom been sick. We didnt witness anyone sick all week.

I would still sail her again. I love the Allure. We had a great time and it was so good to get away from the cold here in New England.

We were on this cruise also and you are right on in your description! This was our 28th RC cruise (2nd time on Allure) and never experienced the noise level, crowds or running children like this. Another post mentioned an empty Diamond lounge - the noise from the crowded Promenade made it a loud roar up there. The Concierge club also had many children in it.

On a positive note, Romero Britto was on board and absolutely the nicest artist!

A few years ago on the Oasis there was a large mainland Chinese contingency. This was during then Chinese New Year. Many were teenagers and well behaved. I laugh to this day as we had a Central Park balcony overlooking Park Café and every morning at about 6:45 they began lining up for a 7:30am opening. One thing that impressed and made us jealous was that they occupied the private dining room(s) and from the one near us, we could see the many Chinese specialties prepared and being served. They looked absolutely fantastic.