Paris and taxis ?

SAS21

You don't see too many posts on here about Uber, but I am reading that it's a great alternative and now doing well in Paris. I think it's something now to consider. While we will use the metro for the most part, I can see using Uber once or twice during our four days in Paris this summer.

My problem with Uber (aside from perhaps ideological ones), is that you need to have your smartphone connected to the internet to find them, if I understand how this works. And data roaming charges are something I try to avoid when in foreign countries. I guess if you could just depend on wifi hotspots it might work.

I suspect the HoHo might be good for us, since it's my husband's first trip to Paris, and it can give a good overall orientation to a new place. Although I admit we haven't done a HoHo in over ten years.

We also like walking, but my husband has slowed down recently, and has trouble with stairs. So I think we're going to be taking a few cabs.

My problem with Uber (aside from perhaps ideological ones), is that you need to have your smartphone connected to the internet to find them, if I understand how this works. And data roaming charges are something I try to avoid when in foreign countries. I guess if you could just depend on wifi hotspots it might work.

I suspect the HoHo might be good for us, since it's my husband's first trip to Paris, and it can give a good overall orientation to a new place. Although I admit we haven't done a HoHo in over ten years.

We also like walking, but my husband has slowed down recently, and has trouble with stairs. So I think we're going to be taking a few cabs.

The amount the phone companies charge to internationalize your phone will be more than offset by Uber savings (my firm pays to internationalize my phone when I travel abroad). I plan to use it at Gare du Nord to our apartment as well as our ride to CDG for our flight home.