Freedom or Liberty?

We always go a day or two ahead of cruise departure since we are flying so far. We have stayed in a few places in Fort Lauderdale, but have used the Embassy Suites the last 3 or 4 times. Not overly fancy but close to the port, has shopping nearby, close walk to the water taxi, and across the street from Duffy's where we go for a few drinks and appetizers. They have a shuttle service to the port which is fairly cheap. You might want to check it out too

Thanks I will check it out [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but that's about the same distance as Hobby airport from the port of Galveston. Plus there are several rental car agencies that will do one-way rentals from Orlando to the Port Canaveral area, are also open on Sunday, and have free shuttles to the cruise terminal.

I hope the original poster doesn't mind me asking a question here: My husband and I just booked the Freedom Of the Seas for December and can you or are you allowed to mention what the rental car agencies are that will do the one-way rentals from Orlando to the Port Canaveral Area? That would be a huge help.

Thank You in advance.

I hope the original poster doesn't mind me asking a question here: My husband and I just booked the Freedom Of the Seas for December and can you or are you allowed to mention what the rental car agencies are that will do the one-way rentals from Orlando to the Port Canaveral Area? That would be a huge help.

Thank You in advance.

Here is an excellent post with info and map:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46208775&postcount=9

We have used Avis at least a dozen times with excellent results.

Edited by clarea

Here is an excellent post with info and map:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46208775&postcount=9

We have used Avis at least a dozen times with excellent results.

With all your cruise knowledge, my boss has a question, they are going on a cruise out of Galveston, and she says the hotel its quite a ways away from the port, any inexpensive ways to get there?

With all your cruise knowledge, my boss has a question, they are going on a cruise out of Galveston, and she says the hotel its quite a ways away from the port, any inexpensive ways to get there?

Inexpensive and Galveston do not normally go together.

I would check the Gulf Coast Departures forum for ideas:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414