PEARL Pics! Just back - Freestyle Dailies Included

eroller

Just back today from a 4-day getaway on the NORWEGIAN PEARL. Ports were Key West, Great Stirrup Cay, and Nassau. Weather was great and so was the cruise! The PEARL is looking good, showing a little wear and tear but nothing too serious. We dined in Indigo, Summer Palace, La Cucina, and Le Bistro for dinner. Garden Cafe and Moderno for lunch. I enjoyed them all, probably La Cucina the most but I'm a sucker for Italian. Le Bistro had exceptionally slow service and it was absolutely freezing and I'm usually never cold. It sort of ruined the meal, especially for my mom. Service overall was really good including all the bars. No complaints. A nice group of fellow passengers, fairly low key with few kids. Not the usual weekend party crowd you find on the SKY and a totally different atmosphere thank goodness.

My mom and I each had our own inside cabins which was nice. The cabins were in good condition, comfy beds, and I really like the bathrooms with the large shower. We were also both put on the VIP list so we received some nice amenities like treats in the cabin every day (cheese & crackers; chocolate covered strawberries; chocolates), bottles of champagne, breakfast and lunch in Moderno which is reserved for suite passengers, priority embarkation and disembarkation, a VIP party, and priority tender service. The special treatment made for an extra nice cruise but even without it the cruise met or exceeded all expectations.

One thing lacking were the shows at night. There were no production shows with the singers and dancers. I'm not sure if the usual dance team is taken off the PEARL because she does a lot of music charters this time of year? In fact last night they were covering the pool and turning the entire deck area into a stage for the Kid Rock cruise that left today. One other thing is that the rock climbing wall is closed. It's sort of a construction zone as I believe they are installing "scrubbers" inside the funnel to meet new emission requirements in places like Alaska.

If you have any questions let me know. All the pics are labeled if you pass your cursor over them, and I tried to capture as much of the ship as possible. Just click the picture link below. Enjoy!

Ernie

Pictures Link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/sets/72157651048266595/

Some preview pics from my gallery:

16463123879_7c318b6fe5_b.jpg

16463076189_c518d779bb_b.jpg

16441937507_676fd1c643_b.jpg

16029256923_e42eb55235_b.jpg

16463025589_ed59104d51_b.jpg

One other thing is that the rock climbing wall is closed. It's sort of a construction zone as I believe they are installing "scrubbers" inside the funnel to meet new emission requirements in places like Alaska.

Not just Alaska, but anywhere within the North American Emissions Control Area (ECA), which extends up to 200 miles from the coast of the US and Canada.

The Pearl was our 1st and 2nd cruises and still our favorite so far. Love being able to sit outside in the Great Outdoors area...... weather permitting.

I agree the Great Outdoors is a very nice spot. I love being outside and aft like that. Great views!

Your title indicates daily's, I did not see them. Please post them, we are on the Pearl March 6-16th.

Also, do you know who ran the trivia.

One more question, who was in the piano bar?

Thanks,

Larry

the dailys are included in the link of all photographs - at the end:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/erolle...7651048266595/

Think you for taking the time to post your pics .You have some beautiful shots.I will be sailing on the Pearl in May. Do you think the Freestyle will remain same and did you get a chance to check out the comedian?

A lot could change by May, especially the entertainment. I did not see the comedian, as it was a combination juggler/comedian which is not my thing. I missed the production shows but they may be back for your cruise. I think the production singers and dancers might have been taken off the ship while she does a majority of special interest music charters.

These were beautiful pictures, especially some of the interior shots. NCL should buy them from you!

Less than 5 months now!

Why thank you! Can you believe they were all taken with my iPhone 6 Plus? Honestly the quality is as good as my dedicated Olympus camera which I have been leaving at home since I got the new phone.

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures with us! I am leaving on the Pearl next Friday for a 10 day cruise and I just got a little more excited!!! LOL :D

You're welcome! Glad you are enjoying them. Wow your cruise is just around the corner. Lucky you!

Your title indicates daily's, I did not see them. Please post them, we are on the Pearl March 6-16th.

Also, do you know who ran the trivia.

One more question, who was in the piano bar?

Thanks,

Larry

Hey Larry,

Leon was at the piano in Magnum's.

Not sure who ran trivia but "Shake it Shirley" did a lot of activities as the main assistant cruise director.

All the Freestyle Dailies are included with my pictures link. They are at the very end.

Enjoy!