I think I made a big mistake!

laceydog

I just booked cabins on the Dream last night and now I have found out they are in a bad location, above a dance club. I booked through carnival, will they allow me to change cabins or is it too late and they will charge a fee. Thanks for a quick response. Really worried here!

I just booked cabins on the Dream last night and now I have found out they are in a bad location, above a dance club. I booked through carnival, will they allow me to change cabins or is it too late and they will charge a fee. Thanks for a quick response. Really worried here!

Don't worry, just call your PVP. They will change your cabin for you. There should not be a fee. :)

It all depends on your PVP and how nice they want to be. Typically, they charge a minimum of $50 to change, but that depends on location and categories and if they are available cabins.

The worst thing they can say is no.

Also, it might depend on whether you have made final payment or not. Again, they don't like to make changes for reservations that have already been paid in full.

Give it a shot

Depends on how you booked or if they were under a special offer. You may be able to change at extra cost or at least a $50.00 fee for each change and or change in cabin category price difference.

I've only had to do it once, booked ES and had to switch cruise dates, cost $50.00 plus difference in cruise pricing.

Call your PVP to get some help.

There is no charge under any rate to change your room other than the cost associated if the room you move to cost more. I'm booked under early saver and have changed locations twice. No charge for the move itself. One cabin did go up a category so the increased price difference was added to the final amount due. Even after final payment you can change your rooms.

I book ES all the time and I never had to pay a penalty just for switching cabin locations. If I changed to a higher category then yes I had to pay the difference in price but no penalty. If you switch cruise dates - then you are effectively cancelling a cruise and rebooking and will pay the penalty and you would pay a penalty for a name change (if a name change is allowed at all).

So if you just want to change location and not category you will be fine (if cabins in that category are available). :D

Thanks op for question..always wondered more about changes on same ship and sailing and category in other non fee circumstances...right away in same category..if you are early enough before final payment...I would think you would be fine in getting same category as there would be enough choices. Someone here encouraged me to call when i saw no choices in my category but connecting rooms as well...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Thanks everyone. Never did this before. My pvp is not in today, but I'm sure things can wait till tomorrow, since I've booked a year in advance. I just don't understand the fact that we are so far out, but so few rooms are available to choose from right now. Guess I just don't understand how things work in the cruising industry.

You must be in one of the cabins I was originally in, 6400s or so. What I did was pull up a mock booking and found a room I wanted. I then called Carnival and got them to move me. The first guy I talked to said the room I wanted (and could see online) was not available. I thanked him, hung up and called back. The next person must have been more experienced because they were able to move me right into the room I wanted. I went from a room above the Jazz Lounge (not as bad as being above the Caliente Club, I assume) to one of the L shaped balcony rooms. That room appears to be above the room with the productions so it should be completely quiet at night and in the morning. I had a special rate and there was no charge to move since I was moving directly into a cabin within the same category. I have learned to keep calling back if you know your request is reasonable. Sometimes the people you talk to know less about the cruise ship or the rules than you do. They don't mean to be difficult so be nice and try again with someone else.

You are exactly right BigBO882! I have talked to so many reps from Carnival and they have all given me different answers about the balconies opening between the cabins and connecting rooms. I'm to the point I don't know who to believe, so I am trying to find answers from experienced cruisers.

If they were to charge a fee for everytime I have changed cabins, boy would I be in trouble.:oLOL

There is no charge to change cabins if it is in the same category. If you go to a higher category then you would pay the difference in the costs of the cabins.

LOL my hubby always says he wonders what cabin type we'll eventually end up in because I call and change (upgrade) as often as I can!

When you see the available cabins on the Carnival website, it only shows 10 cabins at one time. If you call there will probably be more cabins available. If I were you I would look at the deck plans, find the area I would like to be in and then call and ask about cabins in that area. We normally book on a deck that has all cabins above and below.