2-bedrooms big enough for 4 adults?

shugey

Can someone please tell me if the 2-bedroom suite (on the new Escape) looks big enough to accommodate 4 adults? Know it isn't even built yet, but judging from what other ships look like, is there sufficient space in the second bedroom for 2 adults?

Just guessing based upon the Jewel 2 bedroom...These suites were really intended to be used by families. It's not so much that the 2nd bedroom is small as much as that there is a huge difference between the two. The main bedroom and bath is lovely, with a soaking tub and separate shower overlooking the ocean, and two sinks. The bed is King sized with a very comfortable mattress. There is a large closet. The second bedroom is a couch that can be converted into a bed, and made reasonably comfortable by adding a foam "egg crate", and an upper bunk. The bathroom is fine, but very much "standard issue". As I recall, the closet was more like pegs on a wall. It's also inside, dark, and subject to hall noise, where the other main bedroom is very quiet with a view from the bed. I wouldn't like being the couple in the 2nd bedroom, but when I was a kid, I would have thought it was just fine.

It sounds like you may end up with a mutiny on your hands if you try to split it 50/50 with another couple. :eek:

(not that it was your plan)

For 2 couples, you might be better off with separate cabins. We are sharing a cabin with another couple on an upcoming cruise. It can be tough to work out who gets what space, in a fair way.

It sounds like you may end up with a mutiny on your hands if you try to split it 50/50 with another couple. :eek:

(not that it was your plan)

For 2 couples, you might be better off with separate cabins. We are sharing a cabin with another couple on an upcoming cruise. It can be tough to work out who gets what space, in a fair way.

I might be considering the 2-bedroom suite for 2 adult couples. Assuming we go ahead with the plan, what does everyone think would be a fair split for cost between the 2 couples? 60-40? 65-35?

I might be considering the 2-bedroom suite for 2 adult couples. Assuming we go ahead with the plan, what does everyone think would be a fair split for cost between the 2 couples? 60-40? 65-35?

Consider it this way:

Having one of those 2-BR suites is like having a PH suite and an Inside cabin, except that everyone has suite perks.

No, not really. That 2nd BR is SMALLER than an inside.

In an inside cabin, the bed/beds remain "open". They aren't a sofa that opens up.

As mentioned (if it's like on the Pearl), the smaller BR doesn't even have a real closet. There is a small recessed in the wall as one first walks in (across from the bathroom, for those with that floor plan), and there are a couple of pegs sticking out, just the depth of the recess. The hangers hang on those flat against the wall, nothing like a closet "rod".

Unless both couples split the time and costs 50/50, and switch bedrooms halfway through, I can't see how everyone stays happy.

GeezerCouple

We came up with a different solution with the couple we are sharing with, we are going to trade off the master half way. Plan to request the Steward to change the sheets on all the beds so everyone gets a fresh bed. May sound silly but it is fair we think.

We came up with a different solution with the couple we are sharing with, we are going to trade off the master half way. Plan to request the Steward to change the sheets on all the beds so everyone gets a fresh bed. May sound silly but it is fair we think.

Consider it this way:

Having one of those 2-BR suites is like having a PH suite and an Inside cabin, except that everyone has suite perks.

No, not really. That 2nd BR is SMALLER than an inside.

In an inside cabin, the bed/beds remain "open". They aren't a sofa that opens up.

As mentioned (if it's like on the Pearl), the smaller BR doesn't even have a real closet. There is a small recessed in the wall as one first walks in (across from the bathroom, for those with that floor plan), and there are a couple of pegs sticking out, just the depth of the recess. The hangers hang on those flat against the wall, nothing like a closet "rod".

Unless both couples split the time and costs 50/50, and switch bedrooms halfway through, I can't see how everyone stays happy.

GeezerCouple

Thanks for the suggestions. However, how would you handle a 7-night cruise since there is no "halfway" point. Well, there is (obviously), but I don't think switching rooms in the middle of the night is practical.

I think Geezer and RN are correct. The only way to do it fairly is to switch beds mid-cruise.

If you want to get the room for the suite perks, just swap sleeping quarters around the halfway point of the cruise. That allows both parties to enjoy the large room and deal with the small room.

PS- I recommend you take the small room first....then you will really enjoy the master and end the cruise with a much brighter outlook. To do it the other way would have you missing the master every night. :)

I think Geezer and RN are correct. The only way to do it fairly is to switch beds mid-cruise.

If you want to get the room for the suite perks, just swap sleeping quarters around the halfway point of the cruise. That allows both parties to enjoy the large room and deal with the small room.

PS- I recommend you take the small room first....then you will really enjoy the master and end the cruise with a much brighter outlook. To do it the other way would have you missing the master every night. :)

That was my plan, allow our friends Sun, Mon, Tues night, then we take it the rest. We also plan to use the bunk in the small bed room. I have seen the room made up and it looked cozy.

Yes, we'd suggest taking the smaller BR first, and then "trading up".

We do this sometimes on land vacations when we are staying someplace for a while: stay at a lower priced hotel (or room), and then for the last two nights, treat ourselves to something a bit more special.

Some people might like the "treat first".

However, for us, we prefer to change from less to more, thinking that changing from more to less will just emphasize what we are now missing.

GeezerCouple

Some people might like the "treat first".

However, for us, we prefer to change from less to more, thinking that changing from more to less will just emphasize what we are now missing.

GeezerCouple

Exactly!

Even though you may not have a perfect midpoint, surely you guys can come up with a solution. Perhaps since you guys are putting the money down on the room and doing reservations and everything, you guys would be due an extra night in the nicer room. Or, you can allow your friends to have the extra night, to be nice. Or, make some bet or have some challenge where the winner gets the extra night. You are on vacation, so I suggest making it a fun game. Play rock, paper, scissors. LoL.

Actually, the other couple is my wife's brother (my brother-in-law) and his wife. They went with us in January and had an inside cabin. With this, they get the same perks a suite cabin has.

As long as they can squeeze in the second bedroom, they will be happy (and oh, by the way, we're footing the bill).

In that case, they should be perfectly happy in the second BR. It's very nice of you guys to take them with you. I'm sure they will enjoy the suite perks and you'll surely have a great time.

We all thought you were trying to work out how to split the cabin with another paying couple. In your situation, it should work out fine.

If they complain, my wife and I will take their spot next time you are feeling gratuitous. 😂

Just guessing based upon the Jewel 2 bedroom...These suites were really intended to be used by families. It's not so much that the 2nd bedroom is small as much as that there is a huge difference between the two. The main bedroom and bath is lovely, with a soaking tub and separate shower overlooking the ocean, and two sinks. The bed is King sized with a very comfortable mattress. There is a large closet. The second bedroom is a couch that can be converted into a bed, and made reasonably comfortable by adding a foam "egg crate", and an upper bunk. The bathroom is fine, but very much "standard issue". As I recall, the closet was more like pegs on a wall. It's also inside, dark, and subject to hall noise, where the other main bedroom is very quiet with a view from the bed. I wouldn't like being the couple in the 2nd bedroom, but when I was a kid, I would have thought it was just fine.

Very true and accurate statements.

(and oh, by the way, we're footing the bill).

In that case you are being generous. I think most thought you were both paying. :) when we do this room with my parents we pay them the price our own cabin would cost us and they pay the rest and we are excited with the back bedroom the entire trip because we still get suite benefits and figure they were due the better bed because they paid more then us. :)

Actually, the other couple is my wife's brother (my brother-in-law) and his wife. They went with us in January and had an inside cabin. With this, they get the same perks a suite cabin has.

As long as they can squeeze in the second bedroom, they will be happy (and oh, by the way, we're footing the bill).

If you're footing the bill, they should be happy with the small bedroom for the week! We did the same in December for a 9 day cruise with my step son and his wife. They were perfectly happy with the small bedroom for the whole cruise. Actually, they had the cabin steward leave the bed open the whole time and used the bunk for storage. This way the also had the bed ready for napping at any time:rolleyes:

The living room area is shared and there is also the balcony. So plenty of space for everyone and still plenty of privacy. They did use some of our closet space and the second safe is in the master bedroom, but neither was an inconvenience for any of us.

Relax and enjoy.;) The suite life is the best :D