Coke Freestyle Machines on Allure in Europe

MattSaw

Our family is sailing on the Allure out of Barcelona in late June. This will be our second sailing on the Allure, but our first on any ship in Europe.

Will they have the same complement of U.S. sodas in the Freestyle machines, despite the fact that they'll be restocking the syrup in Europe? (Diet root beer is a big hit with us.)

Do you think that the food will be about the same? Some new twists (given the presumably more international clientele) would be interesting.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Matt

Raleigh, NC

I'm also on in June. If they do shut down the machines that makes up my mind. No soda package for us. We are so port heavy we won't be on the ship enough to drink that much. If they were working we would have a lot of caffeine free options we can drink later in the day.

• 4 months later...

Matt - curious about this as it seems you might be back from your cruise. I booked the soft drink package for my kids - not for us since we will be in port so much - however if there aren't Coke products, I am not sure it is worth it. Curious what you experience on the Allure in the med?

I recall there were some posts confirming that the Freestyle machines were fully operational on the Allure in the Med.

Theses machines have also been installed in some restaurants in the UK now so I believe the syrups are now more widely available.

Im on 9th August sailing and my kids are looking forward to trying these machines so I do hope that some recent cruisers will be able to give a definite answer.

We didn't use the machines, but they were operational and I saw a board on the counter at Sorrentos which I'm sure said there were over 90 flavours, so I assume that is what was in the machines.

We didn't use the machines, but they were operational and I saw a board on the counter at Sorrentos which I'm sure said there were over 90 flavours, so I assume that is what was in the machines.

Thanks Soozgone, that sounds promising.