UDP Perk

rdhnd

Having the UDP as a perk for so many cruises now, I was wondering if the venues are over flowing and unable to book. Seems I read that NCL only provides 10% of seating for pre booking prior to departure.

On another thought ... can there be seating for more than 2-4 people. We like to meet new people at our table at freestyle and not sure how we will like this package

On the Dawn last month, there wasn't a noticeable increase in bookings for the restaurants. Most people getting a choice will take the UBP anyway as it's a much better value. Even for occasional or non-drinkers, the appeal of not having to pay for virgin cocktails, soda, juice, etc. is more appealing than getting to eat in a few specialty restaurants.

We had all three promos (UDP, UBP and OBC) as suite guests and had no problems in eating in any of the pay restaurants. We booked if we wanted a specific time when it was likely to be busy and, of course, for Teppenyaki.

You can book for as many people as you like if you know ahead of time and you can always ask to be seated with others when you arrive. A lot of people who don't have the UDP will be there for a special treat most of the time, so it may be harder to find dinner partners than it would in the MDR, but, of course, it's easy to strike up a conversation with the people on a neighboring table (and easy to judge if they don't want to be bothered, too!!).

I have never heard of asking to share a table with strangers in a specialty restaurant :eek: (except at Teppanyaki, of course).

A lot of people are booking with the promotion right now, but they are spread out over all of the 2015 and 2016 itineraries. So I don't know if this translates into a huge increase in the number of passengers with the UDP on every individual cruise. For cruises happening right now, the only people who have the promotional package are last-minute bookers, who are in the minority. I think it's too early to say if the current promo will have the kind of overcrowding effect that the OP fears.