Queens grill question

Ehg

Hi All, we are booked on QV in November, our first time with Cunard and we will be dining in Queens Grill. My question is this - we have asked for a table of 8 but are free to dine any time between 6:30pm and 9:30pm or something like that. How will we know (on the first night) what time to arrive so we are dining at the same time as the others on our table? I'm sure we will work it out thereafter. Sorry if it seems a silly question but we've only sailed with P&O previously and have had set dining times. Very much looking forward to QV.

You won't, and nor do you need to dine at the same time as the others each night. We hate having to stick to any one time, which is why the Grills suit us so well - well part of why anyway :) We like tables for two, which are close enough to have table companions, but because they ARE tables for two,we can eat at the time that suits us on any given night.

Perhaps if you aim for 7.30ish first night, you should manage to overlap with the others on your table. Enjoy the Queen's Grill - we love it.

Thank you so much. I'm wondering whether to change to a table for 2. We're going on Celebrity Eclipse in June in the new Suite class restaurant so we'll see how that goes.... [emoji51]

Hi All, we are booked on QV in November, our first time with Cunard and we will be dining in Queens Grill. My question is this - we have asked for a table of 8 but are free to dine any time between 6:30pm and 9:30pm or something like that. How will we know (on the first night) what time to arrive so we are dining at the same time as the others on our table? I'm sure we will work it out thereafter. Sorry if it seems a silly question but we've only sailed with P&O previously and have had set dining times. Very much looking forward to QV.

We always ask for a table 8-10 and have yet to be disappointed. We usually turn up around 7.15 to 7.30 on the first night and fellow diners are either there or join us soon after. There is no rule at all as far as dining together is concerned, but we find there is a general agreement to try and arrive around 7.30 most nights, give or take fifteen minutes. In all our cruises, only once did one couple eat early and so out of sync as it were. The rest of us joined them as they were finishing their meal.

You're in for a treat. She's a lovely ship and the QG restaurant is beautiful. Have a wonderful cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Tables for two are far to close in my opinion your neither with them or on your own sometimes even a little awkward if the nearest table (I'm talking inches here) want to be left alone....going for a a large table as per our brittania dinning days..

The proximity of the tables for two in the QG suit us very well. It's nice having close neighbours to chat to, when we all want to chat, but we are not obliged to dine at the same time. We tend to go in at about 7.15 and don't want to sit for ages due to back problems, so we usually have company for some of the meal but can leave when we want.

But yes I hear what your saying it was just on our experience it was a little awkward being so close and getting the feeling the folks closest to us wanted to be on their own which is great if the tables are apart but they were so close the waiters couldn't walk between the tables