Smartcruisetours.com

sarar

• 5 months later...

hi Sarar,

Don't know if it too late to help you...

We used smartcruisetours on July18th, 2015 on our Rome port day. They offered options. 1. just drive there and back for 19.50 euro. 2. drive there and back plus 10 euro add-on for three drop offs. a. Vatican for an hour ( we also added on for 15 euro guided tour of Vatican which was awesome because we got to skip the huge line to get in). b. quick 15 minute stop at coliseum for outside photo. c. 2 hour stop near Trevi fountain. Then we had to make our way to castel san Angelo to get the bus back to port. Very easy and convenient. It was so hot in Rome we were happy to have not taken the train.

The guide wasn't very good but they did get us where we wanted to go and followed the schedule as promised. If I were to do it again, I would only take the bus to and fro and skip the guide.

Has anyone used Smartcruisetours.com in the last year or two? TIA

We arranged two tours with them a couple of years ago.

The trip to Rome from cruise part was an itinerary that we requested.

We were very happy with the guide. We all had tickets for Vatican & Colliseum so the guide wasn't that important to us. The fact that we had transport to the areas that we requested was very convenient.

The second tour was Pompeii & Amalfi coast. Unfortunately we didn't visit Sorrento. The guide was ok.

I have booked their shuttle from Cruise port to Termini at the end of our forthcoming cruise.

In Oct 2014 we used this company for the Pisa and San Gimignano tour with wine tasting. I wish I could remember the guide's name because he was the best one we had during our cruise. We went to a small family owned winery and tasted 5-6 wines paired with bread, cheese, soup and lasagne. Bought wine to bring back on the ship and even shipped a case home.

I posted the info for the tour on our roll call board and quickly found others to join us. Everyone had a great time.