AOL/Cybercabin question on Eastern route

Hi :D

Can someone please confirm for me that if I take my laptop and buy the cybercabin package, on the Mariner in Oct,that I will be able to connect with AOL?

I have heard in the past that RCCI ships dont like AOL..so little concerned about this....darn it I need to know what you are all up to when I am away;) ...and if I can get my son to explain using the digital camera etc with the laptop then I might ...oh just might be able to post some photos.

Many thanks

Liz

Heck only 5 weeks till we leave and I aint started the packing:eek:

You will not be able to connect to AOL via the dial up, I am not sure about the wirelss though, why not ask AOL if you can connect via wireless connection, my guess is that you may if you pay an extra fee. Why not set up a free internet email account, Yahoo, MSN, GMail and you will be able to send pictures.

Alex

Returned from a 9 day cruise this morning aboard VOS and used my laptop(wireless). AOL was difficult to sign onto, so I went to http://WWW.AOL.COM to get my mail. The suggestion of setting up a free account works well - purchase an unlimited dialup the first day or purchase a package of time. Prices were from 50 cents to 33 cents in the 150 minute package. Coupon books on board gave you some free internet time.

Hi Liz:

We just came back from the 8/21 sailing of the Mariner and we used the Cyber Cabin connection. We had no problem using AOL.

Once we loged into the Cyber Cabin desk top connection (located on your desk top as soon as you install Cyber Cabin) we just clicked on our AOL icon on our desk top, logged in and got onto AOL with no trouble.

Bob

Archived