Leaving the Solstice early

Hows the Serenity

Hi All,

We are cruising to Hawaii and the second last port of call is Maui.

At the end of our cruise we would like to spend a week on Maui.

We wondered as the departure from Maui is 11pm, if Celebrity would let us disembark in Maui rather than going on to Oahu and then flying back to Maui.

Is this possible do you think?

Thank you

Chris

Simple - If your cruise started in Vancouver - yes as you have stopped at a foreign port. If cruise started in a US port and you have not stopped at a foreign port - no unless you pay the fine of about $350 pp. This rule is not X's rule.

FWIW, there were several US flagged ships calling in Hawaii in recent years on cruises from Vancouver and other West Coast ports. No rules about disembarking early on one of those. The rule applies only to foreign flagged vessels like Celebrity and the other major cruise lines.

Sorry Chris, I don't have an answer to your question but I just had to thank you for the smile your user name brought to ny face. I can only assume it's taken from the wonderful Australian film "The Castle". My husband and I adore the film and watch it often, "how's the serenity" is a line we quote frequently. Sometimes when we're excited to be setting off on a trip or a cruise we sing "we're going to Bonny Doon"! :).

Should totally be possible, we have done it before. You have to get prior permission. The only thing about Hawaii is the rule about a foreign port, do you depart from Vancouver?

Both Maui and Oahu are US.

I would have thought the 'foreign port' would be Sydney.

However, only Celebrity can give you accurate information. I do think you would have to pay full fare ( ie you wouldn't get a rebate for your missed night)

I asked the same question when considering a Round Britain cruise and wanting to embark and disembark at a British port, rather than travelling to and from Amsterdam.

People are posting some erroneous information regarding the PVSA. This law comes into play when one embarks their journey in a US port AND ends their journey in a US port. If the journey is closed looped (starting and ending in the SAME US port) then the ship needs to call upon ANY foreign port somewhere during the journey. However if one debarks at a DIFFERENT US port than where one boarded, the ship must have called upon a DISTANT foreign port at some point during the journey. Ports in Canada, Mexico/Central America and most of the Caribbean would not qualify as distant. If however one boards in a foreign port and/or ends their journey in a foreign port the PVSA does not come into play.

Sorry Chris, I don't have an answer to your question but I just had to thank you for the smile your user name brought to ny face. I can only assume it's taken from the wonderful Australian film "The Castle". My husband and I adore the film and watch it often, "how's the serenity" is a line we quote frequently. Sometimes when we're excited to be setting off on a trip or a cruise we sing "we're going to Bonny Doon"! :).

Hi Eloise,

You have hit the nail on the head.

Ken and I are both ex Victorians, but now live in Qld.

Bonnie Doon is a favourite place at Lake Eildon for us both.

When it came to naming our company in 2006 we took a little licence and played on the name it became "Serenity Doons", we also call our small acreage property in Qld the same.

"The Castle" was of course, the inspiration for this. We have 2 copies and only watched it again a couple of weeks ago. We love it, and it always makes us smile. It also makes us appreciate who we are as Australians, and why we live where we live. There is no place like it - I guess I am biased.

Warmest Regards from like minded travellers

Chris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Should totally be possible, we have done it before. You have to get prior permission. The only thing about Hawaii is the rule about a foreign port, do you depart from Vancouver?

Hi Cathy,

We are departing from Australia, so the international thing isnt an issue.

As you have done this before, is it possible to get the last tender across to Maui, that way we can enjoy our last day on the ship staying aboard until the last tender. One post suggests that it could be rough, we are prepared to chance that, rather then going onto Honolulu, then having to fly back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Cathy' date='

We are departing from Australia, so the international thing isnt an issue.

As you have done this before, is it possible to get the last tender across to Maui, that way we can enjoy our last day on the ship staying aboard until the last tender. One post suggests that it could be rough, we are prepared to chance that, rather then going onto Honolulu, then having to fly back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote']

Hi there

We have disembarked a day early from Celebrity cruises, both times in Europe. Get permission IN WRITING, either directly from Celebrity or through your travel agent if you used one.

I'm assuming Maui is your first port of call in the USA, so Immigration comes out to the ship. 2 years ago we were on the Solstice and despite the ships planned time slots to go through Immigration, they did not turn up until lunch time and there was a huge queue around the ship, taking 2 hours to get through. So don't plan on a particular time for being able to get off the ship.

I know other people did disembark in Maui that day, and were able to take their bags on to the tender, the crew were great at handling that.

Hope it goes well for you

Hilary :)

Hi All' date='

We are cruising to Hawaii and the second last port of call is Maui.

At the end of our cruise we would like to spend a week on Maui.

We wondered as the departure from Maui is 11pm, if Celebrity would let us disembark in Maui rather than going on to Oahu and then flying back to Maui.

Is this possible do you think?

Thank you

Chris[/quote']

Hello,

We are doing this for our up coming 18 day solistice transpacific cruise. We contact our travel agent with the details of the dates we depart and rejoin the ship as well as disembark prior to final port, our travel agent then contacted Celebrity. Celebrity approved this request with our travel agent whom then provided us a letter from celebrity's emergency travel team "Predown line Request" section.

We might be on same cruise.

we have the same situation...2 weeks at the Marriot on Maui on arrival day in Maui. We aksed for and got a letter of clearance from Celebrity to disembark in Lahaina. Pointless going to Honolulu with ship only to fly back to Maui the next day.

Chris, where you staying in Maui? Give me a call on the stateroom phone onboard - 7116 - cheers Ken

Hi,

When are you cruising to Hawaii?

We haven't made any arrangement in Maui as yet, too far out.

We don't cruise until April 20, 2017..................

Chris