Gift cards are on Verizon RIGHT NOW!

xan51090

I apologize if this has already been explained, but how does this work? I have Verizon and don't want to miss out on any cruise perk it might get for me! :p

Simply a money saver. A $100 gift card is $90+points. I paid for the cruise, tips, Cheers and my other expenses all with gift cards on this past cruise meaning I saved 10% across the board.

Edited by ray98

I did not know I even had points until I saw posts on CC back in June before my August Cruise. If you pay your Verizon Wireless bill online, there is a link for the Smart Rewards. I signed up and there were about 35,000 points already sitting there. I am not sure exactly how you earn, but I know my initial amount was based on how long I'd had service.

Are points earned automatically or is it something I need to sign up for on the website?

With Verizon they are earned automatically. Some CC's, such as Citibank, offer the same thing with their rewards programs.

Edited by ray98

I apologize if this has already been explained, but how does this work? I have Verizon and don't want to miss out on any cruise perk it might get for me! :p

You sign up for Verizon Smart Rewards if you haven't already when you log into your account at VZW. The only way I know how to navigate to it once that is done is from the main screen where it says on the top left about your balance and "Redeem now". Click that, then over on the far right x out the irritating pop up about a sweepstakes no one wins, and you'll find travel gift cards under that.

Then you purchase the gift cards at 10% below face value. You can use them to pay your cruise balance, pay for excursions, fun shops, etc. Then if you buy extra you can apply them to your sail and sign. I purchased $2000 worth last month and so I saved $200. not a bad deal!

Just want to double check before I purchase and save $200 on our upcoming cruise. The e gift cards are the ones that can be applied to payment for an already booked cruise. I know before that there is something there that only works for cruises you book through them.

Just want to double check before I purchase and save $200 on our upcoming cruise. The e gift cards are the ones that can be applied to payment for an already booked cruise. I know before that there is something there that only works for cruises you book through them.

Yes...cruise certificates are the ones with the conditions.

Yes you can apply them to a already booked cruise!