Bag Tags and Mariner Society

jeffandlori

We just got our documents for our October 1st cruise on the Zuiderdam. This is our second cruise on the ship (making us part of the Mariner Society). Two questions:

1. When do you normally get your Mariner pins?

2. Last year we were in a S suite. This year we are in an SS suite. Our bag tags that we received both times were purple. Does the bag tag color have any significance? I didn't think that SS suite got to use the suite boarding line.

Thanks, in advance, to anyone who can shed some light on the situation.

JH

If by Mariner Pins, you mean the awards given at the Mariners' Party, you receive your pin when you reach the various levels.

If you mean the large oval ones that merely show you are a returning pax, they come with the documents.

The color of the tags indicates the ship.....Not the category cabin.

Every HAL ship uses a different color tag.

We just got our documents for our October 1st cruise on the Zuiderdam. This is our second cruise on the ship (making us part of the Mariner Society). Two questions:

1. When do you normally get your Mariner pins?

2. Last year we were in a S suite. This year we are in an SS suite. Our bag tags that we received both times were purple. Does the bag tag color have any significance? I didn't think that SS suite got to use the suite boarding line.

Thanks, in advance, to anyone who can shed some light on the situation.

JH

You get your blue Mariner pins upon reaching 25 cruise days with HAL- if that happens to be on your Oct cruise, you will either get them send home to you or you'll get them on the ship

The bag tags are color coded by ship, not by which cabin (or deck) you stay in (on). In other words; each HAL ship has their "own" color bag tag

Have a great cruise!

You get your blue Mariner pins upon reaching 25 cruise days with HAL- if that happens to be on your Oct cruise, you will either get them send home to you or you'll get them on the ship

As we reach the required number of days aboard for each award, the pins (and then as you get moredays, the Medals) are given while you are on the ship. Pins would be delivered the evening before (or morning of) the Mariners' Party so you can wear it to the Party.

I have never heard of them being mailed to someone's home. I suppose if someone lost theirs or in error was not given one they had earned on a given cruise, then Mariners Society in Seattle would mail it if you requested it.

Yes, you are correct and I corrected my message. Only Medals are actually given out at the party. Those with pins are asked to stand and be acknowledged.

BUT, did you notice I had written the pins would be left in the cabin either the night before or morning of the day of the party?

Never heard that before from anyone else.

Why did you not receive it on board? Were you given some explanation. In 1996 (AND before) we and everyone we know received their pins on board the ships.

All our pins and medals were all given to us onboard the ship on the cruise during which we earned them.

Archived