Fll arrival at 3:14 pm, transfer to downtown miami

kato92

Our flight arrives at 3:14 pm and the shuttle services seem to turn off or charge much more to take 2 people to Downtown Miami.

Any recommendations for a company that is reasonable after 3:00?

It's because you are going to hit Friday afternoon rush hour traffic. Horrible time to be on the interstate and the company knows it will take longer than usual.

Edited by Pia1913

Why don't you stay in FLL and travel to POM the day of the cruise. Plenty of shuttle services to do that.

Much nicer in FLL....in my opinion

Good idea, but already booked in Miami and have evening plans with other cruise critic members.

The later in the day you arrive, the fewer options and the more expensive the fare. Check with QLS, MJS, Go Airport and Jiffy Jeff for shared shuttle service. In addition to cab fare mentioned above you might save a few $ if you can figure out Uber from FLL (some reports on this board that FLL authorities have been cracking down on Uber and other unlicensed drivers at the airport).

The later in the day you arrive, the fewer options and the more expensive the fare. Check with QLS, MJS, Go Airport and Jiffy Jeff for shared shuttle service. In addition to cab fare mentioned above you might save a few $ if you can figure out Uber from FLL (some reports on this board that FLL authorities have been cracking down on Uber and other unlicensed drivers at the airport).

Waiting to hear back from QLS. Jiffy Jeff had a $100 minimum. Will look at the others. Thanks.

Why don't you stay in FLL and travel to POM the day of the cruise. Plenty of shuttle services to do that.

Much nicer in FLL....in my opinion

I'm probably going to being flying into FLL on Saturday for a cruise on Sunday out of Miami. What is the best, thrifty, way to get to the port? I might be renting a car on Saturday and probably could drive down Sunday but where close to the port could i drop the car off?

You could drop the car at FLL and then take a $15 shared shuttle to the port - check with SAS, QLS, Go Airport and others.

You could drop the car at the MIA airport - National, Alamo & Thrifty offer free shuttles to POM.

You could drop the car in downtown Miami - Avis and Budget are close to the port; about a $10-12+tip cab ride.