Breakaway 3/22 A few Questions

johnsak123

!-Do Haven guests get priority seating to Rock of Ages or do they have to reserve seats in advance

2-Is Adrian Bica the concierge or did he move to the Getaway

3-Who is the cruise director

4-If I am a platinum latitudes member but I am getting the UDP do I still get the 2 free dinners at Le Bistro.

I would say yes because I would be able to take a guest who doesn't have the UDP

BTW Any tips for to make it a great vacation

Thinking of renting a cabana at GSC but its a bit pricey and I heard its not near bathrooms or food. What is the $50 food credit for if you rent the large cabana. Isn't the food free on the island

Thanks and Cheers!!

Edited by johnsak123

!-Do Haven guests get priority seating to Rock of Ages or do they have to reserve seats in advance

2-Is Adrian Bica the concierge or did he move to the Getaway

3-Who is the cruise director

4-If I am a platinum latitudes member but I am getting the UDP do I still get the 2 free dinners at Le Bistro.

I would say yes because I would be able to take a guest who doesn't have the UDP

BTW Any tips for to make it a great vacation

Thinking of renting a cabana at GSC but its a bit pricey and I heard its not near bathrooms or food. What is the $50 food credit for if you rent the large cabana. Isn't the food free on the island

Thanks and Cheers!!

Hey there. Just returned from the Breakaway yesterday (Haven Family Villa on Deck 15). Here are my two cents:

1. There is a reserved area (4-5 rows, mid-left of theater) for Haven guests but we did not find the seats to be anything special. Their one advantage is that they don't get a lot of use, so you can sit there if the rest of the theater is too crowded for your liking. However, they do release the seats at showtime so you are likely to be joined by at least a few stragglers. Still it's better than the general admission seating.

We never tried getting into a show without a reservation so unfortunately I can't comment on whether or not you can just flash your Haven card and walk in on a whim. I would guess that is probably the point of having the reserved seats, though?

2. The head concierge (as of the 2/22 - 3/1 cruise) is John D'Souza.

3. The cruise director is Julie Valeriote from Canada.

4. Not sure, sorry.

5. We were not impressed with the cabanas at GSC, either in terms of location or setup. As you have heard, they are near nothing. We found a shady area near the beach, 200-300 feet before the canabas, and set up there. We went to the island a good 1-2 hours after anchoring and had no problem finding good seats, since many people don't bother exploring beyond the "main" beach you'll encounter as soon you exit the tender.

I did not notice any upcharged food on the island, either. All we encountered were a burger stand, a hot dog cart and the main cafeteria, all free. Perhaps the canaba entitles you to food we did not have access to.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by b00br

You will need to reserve seats for the shows, even though you are in the Haven. However, you won't have to get to the show till about 10 minutes before it starts because of the Haven reserved area. You won't have any problem with the concierge getting your reservations, even if it is on the day of the show you want to see.