Nassau: He Wants to Snorkel, I Don't

zactak

Hey everyone!

My boyfriend and I are going on a cruise on board the Celebrity Constellation that sails on March 26th. We'll be in Nassau on Friday, March 27th. This will be his first time visiting Nassau and it'll be my third. This will also be our first vacation together. My boyfriend really wants to snorkel, and I have no desire to. I've snorkeled several times before, including once in Nassau and I t's just an activity I don't enjoy.

He is aware I have no desire to snorkel, but I also don't want him to feel like he can't snorkel, since he seems really excited to. We've been trying to find a compromise, but so far we haven't had much luck. My boyfriend did find an excursion where we kayak and snorkel, which we both were interested in doing, but it is already sold out. I've thought about taking a snuba excursion, but the prices tend to be more than what we want to spend and the duration is typically longer than what we want since we plan to do other things in Nassau. I've also thought about him buying a snorkel and goggles and just go to a beach without an official excursion. I'm just not sure if that's feasible.

Does anyone have any suggestions that could be a good compromise for us? Thank you for your input.

The US State Dept has some pretty strong warnings about the terrible crime increase in the Bahamas. This is why we cancelled renting a private home there and have, instead, booked a cruise. So, long story short, I wouldn't recommend just going off to a beach alone.

Just wanted to chime in. I wish I had more to offer about your specific question.

My DW also doesn't swim or snorkel, but I like to once in a while. When we go to places such as these, we try to do a tour that might offer a glass bottom boat thing, so she can look at the fish while I snorkel. I'm not sure they do this particular outing in Nassau, but any sort of boat and snorkel might be an option for both of you?

Cheers

Len