repositioning cruise out of NYC

mohawk1129

I have a Cove "on hold" for this one - I'm going to see if they'll let me change my Breeze October sailing to this one...crossing fingers... :D

I assume you're before PIF date? I'd love to know the outcome (if they let you switch). We are currently deposited for the CTN, but we're considering moving to the repo if Carnival will let us move the deposit.

Just booked the Havana balcony for the NYC /Miami sailing!

Love the idea of having a "little part of the ship" especially with all the "days at sea"

Us too, DW and I have a Havana Balcony on this same cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Booked! Family Harbor Cove Balcony. First time cruising from NYC, and first time doing a repo- soooo excited!

Are you taking children with you? If so, what age? We have what will be a 7 and 9 year old by the cruise date. We keep going back and forth.

Anyone booked or considering this cruise is more than welcome to join the roll call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45968592#post45968592

We have a lot of things planned - dive right in!

Looks like the wedding is on and we will have to pass on join in this FUN looking adventure.:(

Are you taking children with you? If so, what age? We have what will be a 7 and 9 year old by the cruise date. We keep going back and forth.

Our family is considering this cruise in a family harbor cabin. Our sons will be 10 & 7 at the time of sailing.

There are quite a few parents sailing with their kiddos on the roll call. I'll be with my 2 girls who will be 2 & 5 at that time.

Booked! Family Harbor Cove Balcony. First time cruising from NYC, and first time doing a repo- soooo excited!

Our family is considering this cruise in a family harbor cabin. Our sons will be 10 & 7 at the time of sailing.

It's great to see several other families! We're booked in a Family Harbor Deluxe OV (after upgrading from a Family Harbor Interior). My kids will be 12 (daughter) & 8 (son) at the time of sailing. Half of the Havana area is occupied by our roll call...we need more families so we can even the playing field! :p

EDIT: I didn't mean to exclude you Maria...I already knew you are 2 doors down from us. :)

Edited by Sam_Eagle

• 1 month later...

We have booked the NYC departure as well, have a Cove balcony... We've had the cove balcony before and think it's Great! Very private... I wonder which D/R we will be assigned to being we are right dead mid ship?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else get the email that the repo cruise is changed? It's not a repo anymore but a round trip NY and the dates changed. So not happy about this.

The date change is for sure, but many believe the arrival port is incorrect. To my knowledge, it is still scheduled for a sailing out of MIA right after this cruise. Will have to wait and see, but something isn't adding up.

Oh that explains why I can't access any November Vista cruises online. I'd like to book the repo. Looking forward to seeing what the changes are.

The only change is the date got moved up by 2 days. We stop at the same ports, just 2 days earlier each port. The only downside is we now arrive in Miami on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, meaning flights home will be more costly than when we arrived on Tuesday.

The only change is the date got moved up by 2 days. We stop at the same ports, just 2 days earlier each port. The only downside is we now arrive in Miami on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, meaning flights home will be more costly than when we arrived on Tuesday.

Rob, that may be a valid issue for me. My GF sailed on a Thanksgiving sailing last year and the airfate, on Southwest even, was astronomical. Since it was a family of 3 they opted to drive all the way from FL to MD as opposed to paying the high airfare. So what are the new sailing dates?

Rob, that may be a valid issue for me. My GF sailed on a Thanksgiving sailing last year and the airfate, on Southwest even, was astronomical. Since it was a family of 3 they opted to drive all the way from FL to MD as opposed to paying the high airfare. So what are the new sailing dates?

The new dates are Wed, Nov 16 thru Sun, Nov 27. I believe some people are considering staying an extra day or 2 in Miami post-cruise, not just to save on airfare but also for better flights.