carnival with infant questions

NurseBPS

Hey guys so we are in a tight squeeze and needing to change our current plans and might be changing from RCL to Carnival. I don't have time to sit and look through all the posts so I need help understanding what carnival offers for infants. Do they offer any thing geared towards infants like the royal tots program RCL offers? Toy Lending? Infant pool area that allows diapers like RCL? Can I order diapers or baby food through their services? Thanks for any help and quick responses! Trying to change with in the next couple of hours!

Nope...although they do take 2 year olds in the kid's club.... I don't think any ship has a "pool" for the diapered set...some have "splash" areas.....that's about it.

I don't think Carnival has the diaper/food pre purchase service, either.. Since a child has to be at least 6 mos. to cruise, you should be able to find many "mashable" foods...so you shouldn't need to bring too much. Powdered formula seems to work best, if you're not breast-feeding.

No, none of Carnival's ships have "infant only pools" (swim diapers allowed). And truth be told, only 5 of RCI's ships have these (the 2 Oasis class, and the 3 Freedom class). Bring a blow up tub for use on your balcony or the pool deck, or use the "bucket of beer" bucket as a source of splashing water.

• 1 month later...

Anything you may need bring!

Carnival has nothing except for mashable big people food.

We have traveled with our granddaughter at age 6 months, 18 months and will be going

When she is 3 and then to Eurpoe and a TA when she is 4.

Do not forget extra diapers & wipes, and any med that could possible be needed.

We cruised Carnival with my son first at 6 months. No programs for infants - no special pool areas - no diapers or baby food available on board for purchase. No toy lending program.

Carnival had a specific period of time available in the kids club that you could bring the under two to the kids club to play, but the parents had to stay with. We actually enjoyed that and made it a point to go every time we could.

The baby really, really enjoyed the soups at dinner in the dining room each night, and we just mashed up some of the more mild food for him to eat during the trip. We did bring baby food, but ended up using very little of it.

Can't remember if there was an age limit, but at 18-months old, we were able to leave the baby at the kids club on certain days where they babysat him for a fee. We only did that once, because it was a short cruise and the available times for this service weren't a match for our schedule. Plus, I tend to prefer to keep the kiddos with me.

Although Carnival didn't cater to infants in any particular way, I couldn't have imagined anything that they might have done that I would have taken advantage of. A bottle warmer would have been an amazing plus, but we managed with out it. Baby food and diapers we packed and were happy to have brought more than enough of both. The high chairs available were not great for infants, but we learned to bring a blanket or towel to provide additional support.

On our first cruise, the baby was 6 months, my twins were 2.5, and the oldest was 5. We were in a suite and they managed to fit 3 cribs in the room for me.

Hope that helps.

Jennifer