Best cabin option for 4 people on Escape (not Haven)

trish4bruce

I am going to book the Dec 12, 2016 cruise for my husband's 50th birthday. With the free 3rd and 4th person free plus the option for free UBP we can afford to cruise with our daughters age 22 and 17. Unfortunately I cannot afford the Haven suite so I am looking for suggestions for the best cabins to fit four adults. I have looked at the large balcony as well as the family OV. Any suggestions?

I am going to book the Dec 12, 2016 cruise for my husband's 50th birthday. With the free 3rd and 4th person free plus the option for free UBP we can afford to cruise with our daughters age 22 and 17. Unfortunately I cannot afford the Haven suite so I am looking for suggestions for the best cabins to fit four adults. I have looked at the large balcony as well as the family OV. Any suggestions?

Are you sure you want the UBP? It would only include drinks for you and your husband and soda for the other two. However, the UDP would include all 4 of you. It really depends on how much you and your husband drink to see which would be more beneficial to you.

Harriet

• 4 weeks later...

As for the room with 4 adults

1. Consider a JR Suite (Midship, MA category I think). get about 30 extra sq ft of room on the inside, and have that balcony right there to step out on.

2. Consider a Family Ocean View (OV1), which is a larger room by nature, deck 5. Can have a little more room, and about $1000 extra in your pocket.

A standard balcony room will be tight, but doable. Biggest issue, being 3 females, would be the bathroom time. Some of the rooms do have a double sink, look for that in the descriptions.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Escape

is an excellent page to see descriptions.

Also, Consider two inexpensive rooms (say, OV), where you ALL get the UBP.

UBP on a 4 day is valued at over $440pp, far and away the best value (nearly $900). Not sure how much the kids drink, but may be worth it.

Go through a TA and they may be able to compliment the sale with OBC or other incentives.

Enjoy!

I have heard (someone else can confirm) the family oceanviews on deck 5 have essentially what would be the balcony space as interior space extra in the room so that would probably provide the best value and space.

Last January we booked a balcony room on the Getaway, there is plenty of room for four people (We had Hubby, Wife, Daughter 21 and son 18). We had a room on deck 8. Yes getting ready and use of bathroom is tricky, however we just stagger getting ready. Typically 2 of us shower at night and 2 in the morning. We have always booked all 4 of us in one room. You simply don't spend that much time in room.

Last January we booked a balcony room on the Getaway, there is plenty of room for four people (We had Hubby, Wife, Daughter 21 and son 18). We had a room on deck 8. Yes getting ready and use of bathroom is tricky, however we just stagger getting ready. Typically 2 of us shower at night and 2 in the morning. We have always booked all 4 of us in one room. You simply don't spend that much time in room.

This basically sums up our family too.

The balcony is like an extension of the room, giving extra space and quiet time if needed.

I would look at the larger balcony rooms for sure. I think it was $90 more for us. We're doing connecting rooms in the B6 category for our spring break next year. I actually think 2 small kids (8 and 10) is harder to deal with in one room than four adults or two parents and adult children. Less stuff and more consideration. Ha. Anyway, If you go for the larger balcony, you will get 70 sq feet versus 32 with a standard balcony. All 4 of you can sit out there with a table to enjoy coffee or drinks at. Or 2 of you can escape from the other two. No pun intended. Good luck. Have fun.

• 5 months later...

This past March, we sailed the Getaway, with my DH, myself, 16 and 13 year old daughters. We had the mid ship Minisuite and it was the perfect size for us. The bathroom was huge! We had the pull down bed from the ceiling for one kid and the couch for the other. We really had no space issues. Even with the child who over packed clothes..and shoes..oh yes and hair accessories... Along with the husband who brought every electronic device, chargers..cords. If you keep it tidy and stuff put away, space isn't an issue really. We designated one corner for dirty clothes and that all that really was left out.

P.S. do the towel folding demo, volunteer and you'll get a free bag of laundry done.:D