Help with cruise selection please

Really want to cruise from Rome to Venice with stops in Naples and Athens

We have found two cruises which do the above. One from Celebrity and one from Holland America.

The different ports are listed below. Although I have done some research, I need additional info to help make a decision, and cruise critic is THE place to get info.

Would like to know the big difference between the cruises and, if you don't mind, which one you would prefer.

Celebrity: Catania, Sicily, Italy Mykonos, Greece Kotor, Montenegro

Zadar, Croatia Koper, Slovenia

Holland America: Corfu, Greece Kusadasi(Ephesus) Turkey

Katakolon (Olympia), Greece Dubrovnik, Croatia Split, Croatia

Both cruises stop in Santarini.

thank you in advance for your reply.

If cost is not an issue and you have not visited these ports before, l would choose the HAL itinerary. It has 3 'must see' ports in Ephesus, Dubrovnik and, to a lesser extent, Split as well as Santorini. Will be all go, sightseeing and all but that's what Med cruising is all about. No disrespect meant to the other ports.

Both options are good. I only included the ports I have been below. Take a look of excursion options and pick your favorite. I think you will enjoy either.

Mykonos: Delos (ruins) and Mykonos old town.

Zadar: Nice sea front small city with Roman ruins, "sea organ," and solar panel on the ground. Good restaurants.

Koper: Excursions to Lake Bled, Ljubljana or one of the famous underground caves.

Corfu: Beautiful old town and forts.

Katakolon: Olympia (ruins)

Dubrovnik: Beautiful old town with magnificent town walls (UNESCO Heritage site). You should definitely walk the walls -- lots of excellent views. There are beaches close by too.

Split: The popular Palace of Diocletian is within walking distance. You can also select to go to Krka NP (waterfalls) or Trogir (UNESCO Heritage site).

I am sure either will be fine. I have not been on HAL yet but my friends love them and are regulars on that cruise line. Celebrity is my favorite cruise line (done mostly Royal Carribean, Norweigen, Princess). I have been to Ephesus (make sure to do the Terrace Houses if you go there) and it is an awesome site. I think I would chose HAL.