Reflection or Regal

cocacola86

Looking at the Silhouette or the regal in a balcony stateroom, I know the regal is newer but if you could help with what has good entertainment, good food, lots of activities, and not crowded on sea days.

DayPort / DateArriveDepart

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Sunday, April 10

4:00 PM

Princess Cays, Bahamas

Monday, April 11

9:00 AM5:00 PM

At Sea

Tuesday, April 12

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Wednesday, April 13

8:00 AM4:00 PM

Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

Thursday, April 14

7:00 AM4:00 PM

Island of Cozumel, Mexico

Friday, April 15

9:00 AM7:00 PM

At Sea

Saturday, April 16

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Sunday, April 17

7:00 AM

Celebrity Silhouette

DatePort/CityActivityArrivalDeparture

Day 1Fort Lauderdale, Florida4:30PM

Day 2At Sea

Day 3Cozumel, MexicoDocked7:00AM4:00PM

Day 4George Town, Grand CaymanTendered10:00AM6:00PM

Day 5Falmouth, JamaicaDocked8:00AM5:00PM

Day 6Labadee, HispaniolaDocked10:00AM5:00PM

Day 7At Sea

Day 8Fort Lauderdale, Florida

So which one do you say is a better choice?

Edited by cocacola86
Silhouette or Regal

Silhouette sister.

First, decide if you have a preference for certain ports. To me, that should be your first choice on the matter. If the ports are a toss up:

If you need self service washers and dryers- choose Princess.

If you want to be in a very relaxed adult area included with your fare-- choose Celebrity- (If laundry isn't a deal breaker)

Silhouette has plenty of shaded areas. The Regal does not. not an issue if you want plenty of sun.

The Royal (as well as the Regal from what I understand) has quite good food. I prefer the restaurants on Celebrity, but found the Royal almost as good- was surprised---

The elevators are horrible on the Regal. They were just fine on the Reflection. The entertainment was quite good on both Celebrity and Princess.

Princess has better in cabin TV and movies---

Either way, bet you'll have a great cruise, whichever ship you choose!

Hi - both the Regal and the Royal are lovely new ships.

With very small balconies. (unless you spring for one of the mid-ship extended balconies, then watch out for the sightlines from the SeaWalk)

With no central stairs above Deck 7 - good exercise walking forward or aft to take the stairs. Mid-ship elevators can get crowded at times.

With no sofas in the regular Balcony staterooms - have to get a Deluxe Balcony to get a love seat.

With no covered adult pool.

Princess Cays is nothing to write home about. There's a long wait for tenders back to the ship in the late afternoon.

However, the food was good and the specialty restaurants were reasonably priced. The entertainment was enjoyable and people watching in the Piazza was delightful. The décor is lovely and the hallways have fantastic photos taken by former passengers. MUTS (Movies under the Stars) is fun. Having a self-service laundry with iron/ironing board was a plus. I never felt crowded on sea days but I don't spend much time at the pool, which was full.

Having looked at a lot of photos and videos of the Equinox, I am really looking forward to sailing on an S-class Celebrity ship.

And I would definitely sail the Regal or Royal again if the itinerary was of interest.

Have a wonderful cruise whichever ship you choose.

Edited by MarKay525

Going with the cruise that visits your ports of interest is excellent advice. Price may or may not be consideration. You really can't go wrong with either of those ships. Don't torment yourself; you'll be happy either way

Edited by BosoxI

Labadee is a beautiful and relaxing beach day. I wish celebrity had more routes that include labadee. I would take them all! I have never sailed princess, but love the s-class ships like reflection. I also love celebrity's specials with the free drinks package. So nice not to have to budget drinks while on the cruise. It makes it feel more luxurious for me.

We enjoyed our cruise on Royal Princess and found it very similar to the S class on Celebrity. The food in the MDR is comparable, as are the buffets, although Princess uses plastic plates there, which I don't like. The pizza restaurant on Royal was excellent, and had no cover charge, unlike Bistro on Five. I love the International Cafe on Princess ships for a light lunch on a sea day. Specialty restaurants on Princess were better value for money than Celebrity, although not quite so over the top. We did a Winemakers' Dinner, costing $80 per couple which included a different wine for each course and desserts flambéd table side. If we had drunk all the wine that was offered they would have had to roll us out! Family members enjoyed the Ultimate Balcony Dinner ($100 per couple) which included a cocktail. bottle of wine, flowers and a photo of the event. Their meal was served by an assistant Maitre d' and a bus boy who ran back and forth to collect the courses.

I would give a slight edge to Princess where entertainment is concerned, because there is more variety (I mean mix of genres not variety shows!).

We are Elite+ with Celebrity, which gives us some added value that we do not receive on Princess, but I wouldn't hesitate to sail on Royal Princess again or try her sister ship, Regal.

Personally, I'd go for the Silhouette.

We are just back from the Regal Princess and I was bored, I know, awful to say that!!!

The entertainment in the theatre was all a bit tacky, and we had major issues in the MDR, with both staff and the food quality. The buffet restaurant was very good and we ate there every night for the rest of the cruise.

The Regal and Royal are both badly laid out ships, no natural flow to them and the lack of stairs in the middle is a big issue.

Apart from the staff we encountered in the MDR everyone else was very welcoming, friendly and looked after us really well.

However Celebrity definately has the edge over Princess, and it's a big edge!!! :D