Hotels in Amsterdam and Copenhagen

We will be visiting Amsterdam and Copenhagen pre and post cruise in June and July. Does anyone have any hotel suggestions? We have two teenagers, 18 and 16 so will probably need two rooms. Thanks.

When we went in 2001, in Copenhagen we stayed in a nice little hotel called the "Kong Arthur"...it is located on one of the "defense lakes" that encircle the central city and was only a short and pleasant walk from the Stroget, Tivoli, Rosenborg Palace, etc. We got along well without a car...

We were able to save money booking a "Quad Room" there...A little tight, but it slept four and we were okay with sharing a room with our teenaged daughters...

http://www.kongarthur.dk/startUK.htm

4 stars, but fairly reasonably priced...

Check out the Special:

http://www.dagenstilbud.dk/v2/side.vis.asp?annoncor=56&sprog=UK

That's about 80 euros a night for a room for two...if you can get it!!

Summit, July 3, 2004: Alaska: 13 night cruisetour

We'll be in Copenhagen before our June cruise and I had a hard time finding a 4 star hotel for under $200. a night.

We finally found one through www.hotelsdenmark.com and we're staying at the First Hotel Vesterbro. We're paying $185. per night for a good sized room. This price includes daily breakfast and all taxes.

Jane

[This message was edited by Jane110 on 05-16-04 at 06:00 PM.]

• 4 weeks later...

When we were in Amsterdam last year, our TA advised us to try Priceline & bid $85 for a 4* hotel and we'd end up with The Renaisance. It's 2 blocks from the main transportation terminals. Would have been almost $1k for 3 nights with cruiseline.

We stayed at the Renaisance last July 28 /August 4 on the Executive level. If you have two teenagers, I highly recommend this hotel. They do have rooms with two double bed. The executive level gives you bottled water, soda, beer, snacks 24 hours as well as a huge breakfast and even bigger afternoon canapes with mixed drinks,wine and beer all included with room price. The total for 6 days on our credit card was less than 1K. You also get free internet. We saved a lot of money not buying drinks and it almost eliminated our food bill. Most days that was all we ate as we were too busy touring. The front desk was of a great help when I needed some medicine and didn't know how to find it. The concierge was excellent at pointing us around and what trams to use etc. The room we had was a queen with a rollaway. I noticed other people had bigger rooms when they had more people. In July/August there were quite a number of families on this level. Our teenage son made friends right in the hotel so before going to bed, we all would meet people in the lounge and visit and have a drink. Most were going on a cruise so we had a good time with them after we were on board too.

We could see our ship right out the window. We took a taxi to the Serenade of the Seas on August 4th which was about 1/3 mile away. We did not buy transfers.

We booked right through the Marriott site which promises the lowest rate, but I don't think they guarentee against priceline.

Jewel of the Sea May 2004

Serenade of the Sea August 2003

Splendour of the Sea August 1999

Legend of the Sea August 1997

Rotterdam May 1989

Last summer we stayed at the Marriott in Copenhagen with our two children. Large room, two double beds, great location on the water, walking distance to everything, water shuttle stop on the hotel dock, etc.

While a little out of the main tourist area, large western rooms made up for that. Food is expensive in Copenhagen, especially after being used to the cruise.

Arther Frommer site just had info about this card. They offer up to 50% off room rates. I will give a link below. I have not used this card, but it might be worth looking into.

http://www.skanplus.com/

Jewel of the Sea May 2004

Serenade of the Sea August 2003

Splendour of the Sea August 1999

Legend of the Sea August 1997

Rotterdam May 1989

Archived