Breeze balconies

I agree that decks 6 & 7 are too close to the lanai, but people who enjoy "people watching" seem to like these balconies that are close to the lanai. Every single balcony above deck 5 will look down onto the lanai & not the water. The higher you go, it does become less of an issue. Also near the front & near the back, along the sides, the lanai is skinnier, which decreases the obstruction.

The only balconies that do not look down onto the lanai are the cove balconies on deck 2. In my opinion, these are almost the best balconies on any ship anyway. It's great being close to the water, and having a clear view of the water when looking down, and I really like that the lifeboats overhead provide shade. It does not feel closed in at all, even though the balcony is within the hull of the ship. Just be sure to pick a cove that is forward of the midship elevators. Otherwise, you are below galley, which has some noisy spots, even late at night.

We had a balcony on deck 8, forward, and never had an issue with privacy. Sitting on the balcony, I never noticed deck 5 below us. If standing at the rail, you could see people, but we were high enough up that we could never hear anyone. We chose this deck for that reason.

We just booked last week for the Breeze. 2 balconies on deck 7 forward, port side. I hope we didn't make a bad room selection :confused:

If you are in the forward half of the forward section, the lanai is much skinnier there, which will be good for you. Right by the forward elevators, the deck 5 lanai has an extension (sticking out further) with a giant chess set. Between the elevators and the skinny part will probably be deck chairs set up.

Do not pick one near the hot tubs! We were on deck 6 right above hot tubs and every time I would go out to relax I actually felt like I was intruding on the people in hot tub... Did not use my balcony very much that trip....

We just sailed in the Breeze. Had a balcony cabin on the Lido deck. Best location ever. We were in cabin 10278. Never heard anyone going down the halls and the secret door out onto the Lido deck/pool/bar area was about three doors down from us. I would do it again...

Having had a Cove on the Breeze 3 times I would highly recommend them. I would not recommend a balcony on deck 6 or 7. People on the lanai can see too much of and in your balcony. remember they have glass walls. People in the hot tubs are almost even with the deck 6 balconies. The hot tubs are elevated. You go up about 6 steps to get in them.

Having had a Cove on the Breeze 3 times I would highly recommend them. I would not recommend a balcony on deck 6 or 7. People on the lanai can see too much of and in your balcony. remember they have glass walls. People in the hot tubs are almost even with the deck 6 balconies. The hot tubs are elevated. You go up about 6 steps to get in them.

We booked a cabin on deck 7 forward on the Breeze and were concerned reading all the comments also; but it wasn't bad at all. We never heard anyone. We saw people playing the large chess game and in the hot tubs but it never disturbed us. Here is a pic from our cabin; 7244

2uhbxjt.jpg

we recently sailed in cabin 7223 very forward! We had no issues with privacy unless you mind ppl on the bridge looking back at the ship. We got to wave to the CD and the Captain on a few occasions. It was fun to watch the Captain pace waiting for ppl late to board.

We where a few cabins away from the "secret deck" which was a fun pace to go as well.

We did not mind the location at all. Would do it again.

We were on Deck 7, port side, near atrium. Had no problem with water view or noise. Of course if you stand up and look straight down, then you will see deck 5.

My advice would be to make sure what's under you on deck 5. We were near the giant chess set which was quiet. Just make sure you're not over a hot tub.

Edited by Fla Senior

On deck 7, unless you are standing up, no one can see you from below. Trust me I'm an architect and I know all about line of site. Besides deck 7 is the most quiet on the ships (INTERIOR OF THE ROOM) because you have no social areas above and below you.

After reading some of these post we decided we didn't want to risk it. We moved up to deck 11 and got 2 Cloud 9 spa balconies instead. It was only $200 more dollars. Only downside is, we're no longer port side.

After reading some of these post we decided we didn't want to risk it. We moved up to deck 11 and got 2 Cloud 9 spa balconies instead. It was only $200 more dollars. Only downside is, we're no longer port side.

Is port side better??

Congrats on a nice upgrade. Your deck 7 rooms were probably alright, but where you are now is even better, plus the Cloud 9 Spa is so nice! Don't worry about the port side/starboard side thing. I have found that starboard side is overall better 50% of the time. It's a wash. On some trips, every single port docked with the starboard side facing the land. You never know.

What about the aft balconies? Any noise form the lanai? I'm on deck 7... I'm assuming there's not much activity on the lanai aft?

They don't set up deck chairs or have any hot tubs in the aft of the lanai. Some people like to go out there and enjoy the view, which consists of standing & looking, meaning not much noise. You will be able to see them, but it probably won't be loud.

However, on the new Vista, the aft of their lanai will have a big setup with a pool & chairs & everything.

When we booked our Breeze cruise we were 'urged' to not get the decks or rooms immediately above the hot tubs, for sound and privacy reasons. We chose deck 8 mid ship. It would be weird sitting out on your balcony looking down at people relaxing in the hot tubs, IMO.

we recently sailed in cabin 7223 very forward! We had no issues with privacy unless you mind ppl on the bridge looking back at the ship. We got to wave to the CD and the Captain on a few occasions. It was fun to watch the Captain pace waiting for ppl late to board.

We where a few cabins away from the "secret deck" which was a fun pace to go as well.

We did not mind the location at all. Would do it again.

First time on Breeze for us - what is the "secret deck"? Any other secret places on the ship we should know about? Thanks.