Kite question

Golfgrl1911

As a kite enthusiast, I was wonderiing if there were any regulations regarding flying a kite from the observation deck, then letting it fly out to sea on it's own. Or just flying it from the beach on HMC...........I wouldn't want to do anything that might get me in trouble! Thanks, Nancy:)

Don't know if there are any regulations about flying a kite - probably better to do it off the back deck if it's allowed. However, why would you let it go in the ocean - that's pollution.

On the Hawaii cruises, HAL no longer allows pax to throw the leis overboard when leaving Honolulu - they are thrown in the pool. Throwing anything into the ocean is not allowed.

We had two older teenagers (18) with us that had kites. They simply asked an officer of the crew (somewhere in the hall after dinner) and he said if was okay to fly the kites from the rear of the ship (Amsterdam to Alaska). They of course did not drop them into the water but saved them for a couple of other times. The wind did catch them and pull them along the dining room windows for a few minutes which I guess some passengers couldn't figure out but no problem because they had control of them in a short time. They did ask our permission before even attempting this -- these were our guests - not our children.

Do take the kite along and I would suggest asking the hotel manager about the possibility -- he has his office directly under the front desk on promenade deck.

Would love to be there when you do that.

There are probably no regulation covering that and as typical in any corporate structure no one will be able to make a command decision......

That would be a joy to watch.....

TRY IT >>>>>>>> ALL THEY CAN SAY IS NO

Let us know what happens

Jim & Ruth

Archived