Oceana 22nd March

CRUISIN LINDA

A few queries :)

I was wondering if anyone had done the Gaudi tour in Barcelona. I have seen the Sagrada Familia from the outside, but not been inside. I understand it can be a long wait to get in, so thought a ship's trip might be better.

Has anyone done the hoho bus in Cadiz or Barcelona and was it worth it?

Also, if you book a trip before you go, do you pay for it then, as with Thomson or Fred, or is it charged to your onboard account as Princess do?

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Hi Linda were on the same cruise, we've done the Barcelona hoho and yes it was very good but gets really busy and had long waits at some spots as the buses were full and that was in January, from memory there were 3 routes the best one was the Olympic stadium if you like that stuff, plus you can pay as you get on with cash or credit card so no prebooking required.

We will be doing the Cadiz hoho same time as you but from what I've read it covers everything.

Regarding prebooking we never book ship tours as the wife is a wheelchair user and 99% of the time they don't put on accessible vehicles.

See you onboard :D

Jason

I have done the Gaudi tour and you get a short guided tour of Sagridia Familia, then some time off to visit the loos and take in the very interesting area where they do the carving etc etc. You also go to Park Guell? which Gaudi designed as a model village.

Last time in Barcelona i hopped off dream (conveniently parked at the bottom of Ramblas) and caught the HOHO bus from the stop about 100 yards away. A very interesting hour or two. the route I took goes up to the olympic park and spanish village. - oops - wrong forum!

I think you could just walk Cadiz as the ship is right there in the city centre.

Visiting Barce with P&O I tried the Montserrat excursion. By coach and rack railway up a mountain to a monestry. a monestry with hotels, restaurants, a post office and a police station. Something different and an excellent day out if the sun shines.

Edited by davecttr

Hi Jason.

We are on the same cruise.

Have a look at this thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2177044

Some say the Cadiz HOHO isn't worth doing, Cadiz is very flat and accessible.

If she wants to go out then I will be pushing my MIL around Cadiz in her wheelchair.

May see you around, but I don't routinely walk around with the ducks on show :D

Hi Jason and Joe,

Just been advised by two people on Thomson cc boards that Cadiz hoho bus is not worth it as it cannot get into the city due to narrow streets. I think we will walk round. My brother and sister in law went there on the Aurora and as my SIL has limited mobility they got a taxi trip round which they said was excellent and went to the places that the buses can't get to.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Hi Dave, thanks for the info. Might decide when we get on board what to do. The Gaudi tour says limited availability, so it may be academic anyway. We will probably do the hoho bus. Will have a look at the details in a minute.

Do P&O dock further away from Las Ramblas than Thomson?

Hi Dave, thanks for the info. Might decide when we get on board what to do. The Gaudi tour says limited availability, so it may be academic anyway. We will probably do the hoho bus. Will have a look at the details in a minute.

Yes they do Linda.

It's at the large cruise terminal rather than the world trade centre dock at the bottom of the Ramblas. We are scheduled to dock at berth D, which is the furthest out as well. P&O i am guessing will want about £5 for the shuttle bus, but the port's own bus the T3 is €3.50 return. Walking will take around 25-30 mins according to google maps.

Their bigger ships usualy dock alonside the mole where you have to get a shuttle into town. Thomson and Fred can use the berth near the word trade centre.

I did the Gaudi tour 2 years ago on Azura and really enjoyed it. We got plenty of time in the Sagrada and in the village as well as a good drive around Barcelona with photo stops for Gaudi buildings. The best thing was that the guide went for the tickets while we all had a chance to look around a gift shop and go to the loo and then we were straight in with no queueing.

As for Cadiz, it's very easy to walk round by following the coast then cutting back through the town. It takes 2-3 hours and you don't really need the bus