Spending money or Free drinks?

Liberal_Baggie

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me.I've booked a Two week cruise on Queen Elizabeth Q513 and paid a deposit on Two staterooms on the Cunard fare as I wanted a balcony for me and lady Sheppard with a room opposite for my mom and late dinner. I was offered it with on board credit to a total of $765. Now I see Cunard are offering a free drinks package and as the Three of us all like to drink a fair amount on holiday it seems to me i've been sold a right pup. Or will I get it? Should I demand Cunard upgrade me to that offer? Anyone else concerned?

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me.I've booked a Two week cruise on Queen Elizabeth Q513 and paid a deposit on Two staterooms on the Cunard fare as I wanted a balcony for me and lady Sheppard with a room opposite for my mom and late dinner. I was offered it with on board credit to a total of $765. Now I see Cunard are offering a free drinks package and as the Three of us all like to drink a fair amount on holiday it seems to me i've been sold a right pup. Or will I get it? Should I demand Cunard upgrade me to that offer? Anyone else concerned?

Hard to tell which might get and keep you snookered for 14 days but I would leave it where you have it. Changing programs usually gets you less not more.

You do know that "Complimentary Drinks" are limited to those at $9 or less? If you like top shelf spirits some of those drinks exceed this price.

$765 / 14 days = $54.64 per day or $18.21 for each of you per day to break even.

Take the $765 OBC and drink what you want.

I don't think this experiment will last too long. It will end some passenger who is determined to get his/her money's worth gets into some alcohol-fueled trouble and then sues Cunard for "over serving" them. :rolleyes:

Edited by BlueRiband

Oh yes, demand an upgrade; that always works.

Edited by Salacia

Not really, I assume that you have booked under the USA Ts&Cs so if you wish to cancel and rebook you can do so without penalty if you think that the drinks package is better.