Bum’s rush last full day of cruise

I feel for the room attendants, busy at the best of times and turnaround day is extra hard work for them.

I have no problems with items being removed from the cabin - binoculars, folders etc, and I have been told this is for cleaning purposes.

Have also had the fridge locked up - again I understand they need to do a stocktake of the mini-bar items.

What really disturbs me though, is new linen and robes being left in the room.

I have only encountered this on Celebrity, coming back after diner to find a stack of linen on the back of the sofa. We usually sit there before going to bed, and have been careful not to touch the linen, but I do not like the thought of our clean linen on entering the cabin possibly being handled by previous passengers. The same for robes, could have been used even accidentally by previous passengers on the last night.

We are disembarking one day early on our next trip - suits us for our continuing journey in Italy, but after reading this thread I realise the plus side is also missing disembarkation day.

Hilary :)

We have noticed some of the same things the OP mentioned, but not to the same extent. We have a simple solution. On the last day we start our packing in the afternoon, so there are frequently suitcases or personal items piled on the bed when we go out for dinner. Once we start our packing, we leave the Do Not Disturb sign out, whether or not we are in the cabin that evening. We tell the steward we don't need turn down service on that last night. When we come back to the cabin for the night, we finish our packing and leave the suitcases outside. We also leave the DND on the door when we go for breakfast on the last morning, so he knows we aren't finished in our cabin yet. This has worked for us. He gets an evening off and our stuff is where we have left it.

We also put the do not disturb sign on the door but sometimes it doesn't work. We were " caught" a few times walking out of the cabin or in the hallway by the attendant. He seen both of us and knew that the cabin was empty and ignored the sign. Plus many times the sign gets removed by pranksters or get blown off.

What disturbs me is when they are servicing the cabins and have all of the doors open and anyone can walk in and help themselves or when they don't lock the balcony door after they leave especially on the port days when the crew is working on the balconies.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Not rude at all...and while you should always treat the staff with respect...it goes the other way as well..even more so as, the only reason they are there is to make your stay enjoyable. Sometimes they can forget that, which is one reason I don't like autotipping. When the staff know they can't count on a set amount coming in automatically I believe, they are more attentive on the whole. (and please, don't anyone start on how people don't tip without autotipping....those people are the ones that opt out of autotipping when they come on board)

I'm thinking of being preventative too Miss Vickie when I go in 2 weeks on Reflection. I've never had them clear the fridge for our own food/drinks, but had planned to do that this time when I read others had done (why didn't I think of that before?) When I ask for it to be cleared on day 1 I may mention I've heard they tend to tidy up and lock the fridge the last full day, if they could give me a heads up that would be nice, I'd prefer them not to move my things ... Would that be rude?
Edited by LabGuy64