Late dining v Early dining

latitude918

I like late dining the best, but there are some things small things that you might miss. As others said, you won't miss the shows or comedy, but sometimes there are activities that you may have wanted to do.

For example, if you are on a ship with the Red Frog Pub, the pub quiz is at 8:45 (or at least it was on the Magic a couple weeks ago). Another thing is the movies on the big screen outside. There are usually 2, and both are at times that would make it impossible to see the whole thing and still go to late dining.

Our first two cruises, we had early dining and we had planned it for our third cruise. The first night of dinner on our third cruise, we realized there was a bit too much motion in the aft dining room for a member of our party, so we requested a change to the mid ship dining room. They only had late dining available, so we gladly accepted. Come to find out, we loved the later dining. Since we're on vacation, we seem to do everything a little later: sleep later, eat breakfast and lunch later, etc. so when it came time for early dining, we weren't that hungry. Late dining has worked great for our last three cruises and our reservations for our upcoming cruise is for late dining again.

The adult comedy shows start late, usually after 11PM. I've always done late dining, no worry about rushing back to the ship for early dinner.

You can relax and have the hot tubs to yourselves as most families and the senior demographic groups usually prefer early dining. You can have an appetizer at the Tastes snack bar prior to dinner. You'll probably get to sit with other adults your age in the MDR. Most people finish their dinners by 10PM, for newlyweds, the night should still be young then.

While I personally think late dining is the way to go i did notice some issues with it for the first time this past week on the Splendor. After dinner the comedy show was already packed and it was hard finding seating for 2. Also the night time karaoke sign up list was always full and cut off when we arrived. Other than that we have always preferred late dining and will continue to do the same time in the future.

We prefer early dining. However since we booked late early is already full and we are waitlisted. Late and any time dining are both still available. Early I was told is the preferred time.

For us early dining at 6:00 PM is much better than the 8:15 PM for late dining.