Any Great Island Tours Other Than Joyce Prince?

marciew

I know this has been asked before, but I have yet to see any answers. I contacted Joyce Prince but she was booked for the day we'll be in port on the Golden Princess, 10/22/05. Hasn't anyone else gone on a great tour around the island with time for shopping & beach with any other tour guides? Joyce Prince can't be the only tour guide on the entire island! For those of you who have been to St. Maarten before, would you suggest asking one of the taxi drivers for a tour of the island or go with the shore excursion thru the ship that's only $29.00? Thanks in advance for the help!

Joyce was booked for our cruise also next month but I asked her if she could hook us up with someone else and she said Sure and she set it up for us. She is kind of the middle man between us and the guide.

Joyce was booked for our cruise also next month but I asked her if she could hook us up with someone else and she said Sure and she set it up for us. She is kind of the middle man between us and the guide.

Thanks. I'll try emailing her again & asking her for the name of someone else too. That's a good idea.

If you get another name could you please post it here.

I am also looking for a guided tour.

Thank you

Kim

I did not get another name from Joyce. I went through Joyce to get someone else. One of her friends. Remember, it's a small island, everyone knows everyone. So she just set it up for me with someone else and Joyce said someone will be standing there holding a sign with our name on it..

I just got back from the Victory. While in St. Marteen, we took the water taxi to the 2nd stop. WE hired a taxi driver for an island tour, and she turned out to be wonderful. Her name is Joyce Fleming, she does not have a website that I know about. But, I have her phone #, and Address. If I remember correctly, she spoke 4 or 5 languages. She took us for the entire day, where ever we wanted to go. After the Island Tour, she took us shopping, I don't remember where, but there was a large selection of booths. After that she dropped us off at SunSet Beach bar, and picked us up 3 hours later, as we requested. She took us right back to the ship, and wouldn't except any money tilll the end. For the 4 of us it was $80.00, or $20.00 per person. Very well worth it. She was a very good tour guide, and wonderful woman. She even gave us her cell # when she dropped us off, in case we wanted to come back earlier. If anyone is interested, I will email her Phone #, or address.

Tim

Hi Tim, sorry but I cannot figure you how to email you directly (I must be a 'techno-wizard!). Can you please email me the information regarding the taxi tour to: leslie080862@hotmail.com. Thanks. We are also interested in a general tour of the island, and perhaps bit of shopping and lunch, and my husband (a pilot) is also very interested in seeing the big jets land... from what I can tell it looks like between 12:30 and 3:00 is a good time.. do you agree? Also, is the Sunset Beach Bar a nice place to have lunch (we will be accompanied by my 70 year old mother in law). Finally, and this is probably a question for the tour-guide.. but considering we are going to be in "hurricane season" will this person require a 'down payment' or credit card hold? I am concerned with all the recent 'weather issues' we will have to consider an adjustment to our schedule and may not be in St Maarten as scheduled. Thank you for all your help. :)

• 2 weeks later...

We were in St Martin last week. We were scheduled with Joyce Prince for the afternoon. She was a no show. After waiting 45 minutes we went to the cab area next to the water taxi's and found a driver to give us a tour. There are several of them there. They all charge $15- $20 per person for a tour and will take you where you want to go. We had a great time with George and learned alot about the Island. If I had to do it over this would be my tour of choice.

Did you have any problem with Joyce charging your credit card. I had to give her my cc # to hold our spot and she said if we are a no show she will charge us. I am a little nervous about that. I understand that she is the one who didn't show up...........but I would be worried about that maybe happening. I always try to plan things to go smoothly.........

novella

I e-mailed her from the ship and asked her why she didn't show. She stated that she believed my group to be on a ship that had canceled that port that day. She stated she was very sorry for the mix up. There has been no charge to the CC so far. I think she is an honest person that just made a mistake. I don't think you need to worry.

When you arrive at the port you will find plenty of people there trying to give you a tour (most for about $20 p.p.) so if you don't have one arranged there will be plenty to chose from. And most of them will be knowledgeable and will take you to pretty much the some places.

We were in St Martin last week. We were scheduled with Joyce Prince for the afternoon. She was a no show. After waiting 45 minutes we went to the cab area next to the water taxi's and found a driver to give us a tour. There are several of them there. They all charge $15- $20 per person for a tour and will take you where you want to go. We had a great time with George and learned alot about the Island. If I had to do it over this would be my tour of choice.

Could you tell us about how long was your private tour with George ? and some of the places you visited ?

Thanks !

Could you tell us about how long was your private tour with George ? and some of the places you visited ?

Thanks !

Our tour lasted about 3 to 3 1/2 hours. We went to Rima's shopping (great deals), then went to the French side and walked up a lot of steps to a fort. It had great views, we walked around the French side for a while with George giving us history of the area, then we went to Orent beach and walked the beach, we stopped numerous times for pictures. While driving around Gearge did give us alot of information on the Island. I really don't remember what else we did, those are the things that stand out in my mind. I know that George had told us in the begining that he would take us anywhere we wanted to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Joyce Prince was booked for when we're on island (01/18/06). I asked if she could hook us up with an associate. But since it's just DH & I, she said the other taxi drivers do not like to do tours with just 2 people. Said the best thing we might have to do is walk up to the stand and hope we get a good taxi driver. They would not take an advance reservations for just two. Hope this helps some

Archived