Breakaway March 2015

maxwellito

Thinking of booking last minute on the Breakaway

Anyone have a Haven Courtyard Penthouse they recommend

Do you prefer deck 16 or 15, I know 16 is closer to the Haven and I think that is a plus.

Also, any idea when spring break is. If I go its 3/15 or 3/22 but might do 3/39

However, I think 3/29 is definitely a spring break cruise.

Thanks to all

Also, any idea when spring break is. If I go its 3/15 or 3/22 but might do 3/39

However, I think 3/29 is definitely a spring break cruise.

Spring break "season" spans out on a long timeframe, all your dates are considered spring break cruises, the beverage package blackout period (age limit 25 instead of 21) is all cruises that sail during any dates including and between 3/1 and 4/15.

In the North East, NYC area spring break for college kids is all of March through mid April. Private schools are mid March and public schools are Mid April. All three of the sailings you are looking at will be spring break.

We went on the breakaway last year on the 3/30 cruise and it didn't feel like spring break to us at all. According to NCL spring break is considered March 1 through April 15, however very few schools will have off the last week in March. College spring breaks are going on this week and/or next week and high schools/grade schools are over Easter. Although, I haven't checked when Easter is this year, if it falls late March you may run into a kid-busy cruise then.

Many school districts in the NE had so many school days and I won't be surprised if kids are have shorter "breaks" this Spring to make up for it.

We are on the 3/22 BA sailing & at my last check on cabins, 2 days ago, plenty of Haven staterooms including 2 Forward ones on deck 16 - priced "accordingly" - estimated as many as 50 cabins unsold on deck 12 (mini-suites & large/family balconies, etc.) so suggesting that there won't be a lot of children on the ship - we did 3/23/2014 on BA and likewise the same.

Did you search out some of BA reviews on the cabins you are looking at for booking purposes ??

3/15 might be hard to get a cabin. I have been checking daily for possible upgrades and they are showing no cabins available. As for Spring Break, we went the same week last year. While there were quite a few 18 - 25 y/o's on the ship (my daughter and niece being 2 of them), they never really cause any issues. Just stay away from Bliss if you are over 30...lol.

3/15 is Ontario, Canada March Break so there will be literally hundreds of Canadians with their school aged children from age 4 to 19......I am not sure if this age group is what you mean by spring break but they will most definitely be there with bells on.....