Access to Eurostar in London

We've never been to London before, will be there in May and at the end of our stay we will be taking the Eurostar to Paris. I believe we access it at the St. Pancras station. How difficult is it traverse this station to the Eurostar? We will have one large rolling piece of luggage and one small one. Any info is appreciated.

We travelled by Eurostar last month taking taxi to St. Pancras. There is a drop off point just outside the entrance for Eurostar so you don't have to go through the hole station.

Even if you arrive by Tube it is doable but a longer walk.

Reico

We've never been to London before, will be there in May and at the end of our stay we will be taking the Eurostar to Paris. I believe we access it at the St. Pancras station. How difficult is it traverse this station to the Eurostar? We will have one large rolling piece of luggage and one small one. Any info is appreciated.

My husband and I took the journey the opposite direction. Disembarking in London, I remember an easy walk through the station. Biggest challenge: You will have to get your own luggage up the steps to the train cars and onto the luggage rack.

I'm sharing two links to earlier threads about luggage on the train..

I'm afraid to ask how large is your self-described "large rolling piece of luggage." I typically travel with one 24" spinner. I try to pack so that loaded it weighs no more than 41-42 pounds; that's about the limit of what I can lift up/down the stairs of a train car.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1579119

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2052818

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

I've taken the Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris. Very easy! We had purchased our tickets online and then you print them at a machine in the station. We too each had a rolling bag and carry on. Of course, I was stopped so they could search my rolling bag[emoji1]. It only took a few minutes. I love the train....

My husband and I took the journey the opposite direction. Disembarking in London, I remember an easy walk through the station. Biggest challenge: You will have to get your own luggage up the steps to the train cars and onto the luggage rack.

I'm sharing two links to earlier threads about luggage on the train..

I'm afraid to ask how large is your self-described "large rolling piece of luggage." I typically travel with one 24" spinner. I try to pack so that loaded it weighs no more than 41-42 pounds; that's about the limit of what I can lift up/down the stairs of a train car.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1579119

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2052818

Thank you for the links they have great information!

We travelled by Eurostar last month taking taxi to St. Pancras. There is a drop off point just outside the entrance for Eurostar so you don't have to go through the hole station.

Even if you arrive by Tube it is doable but a longer walk.

Reico

We will be taking taxi to the station too. I didn't see anything on the other threads about how busy the Eurostar might be on a Sunday morning. We plan to leave mid morning. Is a Sunday train less busy than a weekday?

We took the tube from Victoria Station with 2 suitcases and a carry-on without any problems. We were there early and went across the street to King's Cross so that DW could see Platform 9 and 3/4s.

Edited by lamchops

Eurostar is frequently full. However, this is not like a commuter train with people in suits elbowing their way on, but most of your fellow passengers will be just like you - on holiday. I bet that if you are struggling with your cases, someone will offer a hand.

When you get to St Pancras Station take a few minutes to look around - and up. This Victorian masterpiece has been beautifully restored and adapted to 21st century travel.

Relax and enjoy the experience.

Very easy.

St Pancras is on three levels, East Midland trains upstairs, Thameslink in the basement, but Eurostar on the ground floor.

The part of the station where Eurostar is located, is more like a shopping centre than a train station.