Possible bed wetting?

SFplusP

My daughter just potty trained- and by that, I mean 2 weeks ago.

She has been going to bed and waking up dry almost every night, but since she is not even 2 and a half yet, and she is so new at it, I am worried. We have a cruise coming in mid April. I know she still has about a month to practice, but I would feel bad if she wet the bed there.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do they have some sort of mattress protector we can ask for? Should I pack something? I imagine with kids, it happens, but we had planned on her still being in diapers. She apparently had other plans!

Bring a waterproof mattress cover - don't expect the cruise line to have something to protect the mattress. Also, many kids who are newly trained flip flop for the first year or so, especially in new surroundings.

Edited by tea4ular

I used to worry about this all the time when we travelled. They make these great disposable bed mats now made by Goodnights. They are just the right size to cover the area where they sleep. They have peel off strips that expose sticky area all the way around the mat. Put them on top of the sheet and peel them off the next morning. And if they do wet, it works great. We'll worth the peace of mind.

Here's my suggestion. We use these at the hospital I work at. They are very very absorbent and if soiled you just throw them away. They go right on the bed, over the sheets. You can probably get them at your local grocery store or walmart.

http://www.hdis.com/depend-disposable-bed-protectors-36-x20.html?utm_source=google_shopping&503=274&gclid=CPDN_vGXl8QCFYVAaQodEKQAgA

Goodnights makes a disposable mattress pad that sticks on the mattress (it is very sticky). You can get them at WalMart by the other pull ups. Or you could bring a mattress protector to put on the bed. They are also cheap enough and can be found in the bedding at WalMart. Plus Pull Ups!

I suggest a pull up. I've heard of people using those disposable sheet pads, but I'd be too worried that they wouldn't be in the right position. My daughter is 4 and a half and hasn't had an accident in well over a year and I still put a pull up on her at night when she's sleeping someplace other than her own bed.

Here's my suggestion. We use these at the hospital I work at. They are very very absorbent and if soiled you just throw them away. They go right on the bed, over the sheets. You can probably get them at your local grocery store or walmart.

http://www.hdis.com/depend-disposable-bed-protectors-36-x20.html?utm_source=google_shopping&503=274&gclid=CPDN_vGXl8QCFYVAaQodEKQAgA

Great tip! Will order from Amazon. Thank you Kelkel2

Thanks all! We have a waterproof mattress sheet that I will throw in our bag, and I'll get some pads for on top too, just in case. I don't mind bringing things, I just don't know where she will be sleeping (will they let a 2 year old on an upper? If they put her in a crib, our sheet will be quite big!), and I didn't want to pack a bag of supplies if they had everything there. Last year we brought her a pack n play only to find out they had a crib in our room already. What a waste of luggage! Although a few pads shouldn't take up nearly as much space.

Our granddaughter was potty trained by the time she was 2. She is now 2 and a half and they still put her in a pull up at night even though she hasn't wet the bed in months. They worried at first she would think she could go because it felt like a diaper, but that did not happen.

Our granddaughter was potty trained by the time she was 2. She is now 2 and a half and they still put her in a pull up at night even though she hasn't wet the bed in months. They worried at first she would think she could go because it felt like a diaper, but that did not happen.

That's exactly how mine is, she thinks it's a diaper- except she doesn't just pee in it, she gets offended that we are putting her in a diaper and throws a fit/won't keep it on lol

I just don't know where she will be sleeping (will they let a 2 year old on an upper? If they put her in a crib, our sheet will be quite big!), and I didn't want to pack a bag of supplies if they had everything there.

She is your child and will sleep where you put her. Let your room steward know your preference and bring along things that they may not provide (i.e.: some people use the pool noodle trick)

Our children didn't use uppers until the age of 3. They slept on the couch before that time. We also used Pull Ups at night even though they were potty trained-not 1 accident!

She is your child and will sleep where you put her. Let your room steward know your preference and bring along things that they may not provide (i.e.: some people use the pool noodle trick)

Our children didn't use uppers until the age of 3. They slept on the couch before that time. We also used Pull Ups at night even though they were potty trained-not 1 accident!

I don't think we have a couch. I think it's a bed for DH and I (the 2 put together) and 2 uppers. So it would either be an upper, or have them bring in a crib. If we have a couch, that is where she is sleeping, I just don't think we have one.

I found it helpful to show my child where the bathroom was, let them practice cause it will look and sound different than the potty at home; tell them to use it if they wake up in the night time, and let them practice getting there in the dark.

http://www.onestepahead.com/Dri-Nights-Waterproof-Mattress-Protector-1.pro

This is a bit more pricey but it's what we used for my kids. They had medical issues that resulted in occasional bedwetting for years. We loved it because it was easy to throw in the washing machine, I would hang it to dry and it tucked under the mattress so it stayed in place during the nighttime tossing and turning.

I had my son in pull ups at night until he was almost 4- he was dry about 90% of the time (was daytime trained from age 2.5). When we cruised on the Breeze last October I was horrified that he wet through his pull up, pajamas, and sheet one night. He was overtired and overstimulated and just peed through everything! A mattress pad would not have helped as the kid moves around like crazy when he sleeps. I removed the sheets for the steward which revealed an already heavily stained mattress- hopefully they replace the mattresses on a regular basis!

Ok...you guys are freaking me out about worrying about a 2- year old having an accident. My boys are 4 & 5 and the still have accidents half the time. We have stopped beverages before 6pm, we have them go to the bathroom several times before bed (always more productive than they think it will be...I don't have to go...but they pee a gallon every time) what are you doing that works? I was just going to plan on putting them in pull ups for our cruise in November, even though I don't think I should have to do that at their ages.