Not doing formal nights on 8 day breeze cruise question.

ajee622

We decided not to do the formal nights on our upcoming cruise. However we do like to enjoy a good meal (who doesn't).

My question is do we still have to get dressed up to go to the steakhouse on formal night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dress code is the same in the steakhouse and the MDR.

But you don't have to really dress up, just no shorts, capris or jeans.

I just wear a pair of slacks and a nicer top.

You will see men in khakis and polo's.

Ehhhh. I guess we are going to do it. We've kind of gotten tired of the formal night. We both just go back and change right after dinner anyway. We will just do 1 formal.

I don't think Carnival calls it formal night any longer. I think they now call it elegant night. You can dine in the MDR on elegant night dressed as the usual cruise casual clothing, just no jeans or shorts as mentioned above. Some people dress formal and some dress cruise casual. You won't feel out of place if you don't want to dress formal. Just dress a nicer cruise casual in the MDR or the steakhouse. In the steakhouse, you will receive a free bottle of wine if you dine there on elegant night. Enjoy.:cool:

You DON'T have to! We haven't done it since 06, a pair of dockers and a collard shirt is fine even one that has short sleeves, you see people wearing everything. I go in capris and a nice blouse. The MDR dinners during formal evenings are the better food so go and just be presentable.

We decided not to do the formal nights on our upcoming cruise. However we do like to enjoy a good meal (who doesn't).

My question is do we still have to get dressed up to go to the steakhouse on formal night?

by getting dressed up do you mean putting on a pair of long pants instead of wearing shorts?

The only thing required for formal night, oops I mean elegant night is that you wear a pair of long pants and a collared shirt.

The days of tuxes and suits are long gone although some still wear them by choice.:)

Bill

Fahrenheit does have a dress code. No shorts or jeans are allowed. If you don't dress up you may feel a bit out of place. Everybody else does. I did hear a hostess explain the dress code over the phone to another cruiser.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on Breeze earlier this year and we do not participate in formal night per se...Dh does not wear a coat or jacket. Just the usual attire of no shorts etc. We found the enforcement of the dress code to be variable nightly. Some patrons were turned away for shorts and then once we entered dining room we found other patrons wearing shorts. DH packs pants but we have not found a need for a sport coat/jacket regardless of location (main dining or steakhouse).

I wear black slacks and a top with a few sparlies on it Then to really jazz it up I put on flashier earrings than usual. Voila' !! Cruise elegant. Hubby wears dark slacks and an ironed long sleeved shirt. No tie or jacket. That is the basic attire of most on cruise elegant night.