Just boarded Breakaway-NO show reservations

WMQueenie

We booked 2 shows weeks ago...got to our room there are 2 letters stating no reservations. Feel free to attend any of these show times!

I guess i am surprised to hear this. It will be interesting to see how this will work out. The theater is so small in relation to the number of guests onboard that I would think without doing reservations there might be a lot of people coming earlier in an attempt to get into certain shows and times.

Hopefully this is still only a TEST on the Breakaway. I love freestyle and don't really like making advance reservations but for the bigger ships I've been on (Epic and Getaway) the show reservation system really worked very well.

I agree. This will be our first NCL cruise. I refuse to get in line an hour before a show. Guess we won't see them.

30 minutes is probably more likely. I really don't understand the problem. Have a drink, and talk to people with you or around you. It's 30 minutes lol

I'm not sure if I will like this or not. I'd hate to stand in line for a while for a show, then not get in. Then try the next night, then not get in... That's a big waste of my precious vacation time. I HATE lines. We will see how this goes.

I wonder if they are doing this also for folks who had prepaid reservations for Cirque, or if it works differently for that.

True, but I'd hate showing up and bring turned away! It def has pluses and minuses. So is this a permanent change?

We were on the Breakaway this past week and they told us that it was something new they were trying to see how it worked. (Didn't specify if it was just the Breakaway or other ships as well). We got to Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor 30 min. early and it was just starting to fill up.

Cage, the shows are much higher quality than standard cruise shows with the college singers and dancers. Missing them would be a great loss. Even the comedians are much better than standard fare. I book new ships for both the entertainment and speciality restaurants.

Edited by mrobstad

I'm not sure if I will like this or not. I'd hate to stand in line for a while for a show, then not get in. Then try the next night, then not get in... That's a big waste of my precious vacation time. I HATE lines. We will see how this goes.

I wonder if they are doing this also for folks who had prepaid reservations for Cirque, or if it works differently for that.

Prepaid reservations for Cirque still stand. As well as for The Second City comedy skits.

Also, they open the doors 45 min before the show and you just walk in. If you get there 30 min early, you can just walk in, look around for a seat. If you see one you like grab it, if not walk away.. It's not like they make you stand on line and there's no seats left.. Did that make sense?

Edited by orangejeepgirl

30 minutes is probably more likely. I really don't understand the problem. Have a drink, and talk to people with you or around you. It's 30 minutes lol

Last cruise someone posted it was full 45 minutes before the show. Is this not the case?

Prepaid reservations for Cirque still stand. As well as for The Second City comedy skits.

Also, they open the doors 45 min before the show and you just walk in. If you get there 30 min early, you can just walk in, look around for a seat. If you see one you like grab it, if not walk away.. It's not like they make you stand on line and there's no seats left.. Did that make sense?

Well now, that sounds fine. I understood it to mean we had to wait in line that long.

Perfect sense. Then I love the new system, and I hope it's used on the Escape!

Well now, that sounds fine. I understood it to mean we had to wait in line that long.

Perfect sense. Then I love the new system, and I hope it's used on the Escape!

Ok good. I'm struggling to type as I feel like I'm still on the ship and computer is swaying back and forth.. even thou it's not. Maybe I need a nap. Ha!

We've got 6:30 reservations for Rock of Ages and we have two small children (3&5) that we were going to drop off at Splash Academy early. I would like to hear how this will work with the no reservation deal. Will they still offer early drop off? I'll be pretty upset if they don't, because the later showings are too late to keep the kids out. :confused:

I wish that they would get rid of them for the Headliners comedy shows.

We heard at least 5 different groups of people bragging about how they booked every show so that they could go whenever they felt like it.

Not really fair to those trying to reserve online or on the ship.

We changed our minds one night but

Cancelled early so that someone else wouldn't have to stand in the Sammy lime.

We are in a suite and 90 days out- no comedians show up to be booked.

Burn the Dloor, legally blonde and imaginarium are all available

I asked a rep just now after calling about another matter. She said they have been getting a ton of calls about the mythical changes to the UBP as well as questions about the comedy shows.

Perhaps more people are reading CC than we realize!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I posted a couple days back about the no-reservations for the shows and I will tell you there was a line at the theater 45 mins before the show started and within 5-10 mins after the doors opened it was full. They do a great job filling in seats, no saving seats were allowed. Ushers would make you move towards the center not leaving any empty seats. But the theater is way to small for the ship size and lots of unhappy passengers that had reservations that were not honored. I can only speak of the 2 shows we attended. My advise is get there early if you want to see either show Rock of Ages or Burn the Floor

We were on board for the 2/1 cruise. The days and times were changed twice while on board for ALL our reserved shows.:eek: Double changing really screwed up our plans with meals. A lot of unhappy people on board because of this. Lots of complaints...:eek:

No matter what NCL does with the shows, there will always be a problem due to a small theater.