Rostock/Warnemunde

Our ship is docking in Rostock. Is it worth the time to also go to Warnemunde? I don't think we would want to take the canal cruise, after all the days we will be on the ship.

For those of you who have seen both, what do you think?

Thank you.

Our ship is docking in Rostock. Is it worth the time to also go to Warnemunde? I don't think we would want to take the canal cruise, after all the days we will be on the ship.

For those of you who have seen both, what do you think?

Thank you.

Hi, Warnemünde is a suburb of Rostock and the site of the Cruise Ship Terminal. Occasionally ships do dock in the Commercial Port of Rostock which is on the other side of the river to the City. If you let us have your ship's name and date of arrival then we can advise where you will dock.

Not sure what you mean by 'canal cruise' as there are no canals in either Rostock or Warnemünde :confused:

For details on what there is to do and see and how to get there please see my web site and the others recommended there or have a look at the thread 'Welcome to NE Germany etc., plenty of other cruisers questions and answers about Rostock/Warnemünde there.

Happy cruising :)

Anni

http://www.travelanni.webs.com

Happy cruising

Hi, Warnemünde is a suburb of Rostock and the site of the Cruise Ship Terminal. Occasionally ships do dock in the Commercial Port of Rostock which is on the other side of the river to the City. If you let us have your ship's name and date of arrival then we can advise where you will dock.

Not sure what you mean by 'canal cruise' as there are no canals in either Rostock or Warnemünde :confused:

For details on what there is to do and see and how to get there please see my web site and the others recommended there or have a look at the thread 'Welcome to NE Germany etc., plenty of other cruisers questions and answers about Rostock/Warnemünde there.

Anni

Happy cruising

Anni - We are docking in Rostock. I heard there is a canal cruise (maybe it is a river) between Warnemunde and Rostock. That is what I was referring to. Thank you. I will refer to your website for more info.

Like Anni said, never heard of any sort of 'River cruise'.

Maybe you are referring to the ferry that will take you from Warnemunde to Rostock and back. I defiantly wouldn't call it a River cruise, more like a slow boat to China. Sorry if Anni would disagree but it is just a different way to get from one port to another without taking the train. There is absolutely nothing to see on this 30 minute or so 'cruise'. If you would rather ride on a ferry instead of a train, then this is for you. Otherwise I would not recommend it other than transportation.

Cheers

Len

There were four cruise ships scheduled the day we visited and we docked at the commercial port. We had already booked a tour with Alla for St. Petersburg and opted for one of her tours in Rostock as well. Our guide first took us by train to Warnemunde - beautiful town. Afterward, we took the train and tram to downtown Rostock and had some time to wander on our own, then we went to lunch at a local mall (really good schnitzel) and ended the tour with St. Mary's Church and its amazing astronomical clock. Our guide was excellent and it was great having a local help us navigate public transit.

You might also check to see whether your cruise line runs a shuttle between the port and Warnemunde - ours did.

Hi Anni,

I bookmarked your website to use when planning our visit to Rostock/Warnemuende. But, could you tell me exactly where our ship will dock? We are on the Eurodam arriving on Friday, July 17th.

Thank you.

Edited by GradUT

Hi Anni,

I bookmarked your website to use when planning our visit to Rostock/Warnemuende. But, could you tell me exactly where our ship will dock? We are on the Eurodam arriving on Friday, July 17th.

Thank you.

Hi, unfortunately most of the info relates to ships docking at the cruise terminal in Warnemuende but Eurodam will dock at berth LP 41 in the Commercial Port of Rostock. However, as soon as I return from holidays I will add some info for cruisers docking in the Commercial Port as this seems to be happening more frequently.

On July 17th there will be an unprecedented five ships in port.

Eurodam LP41 and Empress LP31 in the Commercial Port.

Viking Star P1-P4, AIDAdiva P7 and Costa Favorosa P8 at the Warnemuende Cruise Terminal

Anni

Edited by Travelanni