How to get to Frenchtown Marina

bjtomko

I am doing a private excursion and need to meet at the Frenchtown Marina. I am looking for advice on how best to get there. I am arriving on Celebrity Summit. Is this something I can take an open air taxi to, or will they not take us to someplace that is not a tourist destination? Does anyone know how far of a walk this would be from the ship. We would be happy to just walk and enjoy the harbor.

Frenchtown is just west of downtown Charlotte Amalie, taxi will probably run about $6.00 per person each way. Or you could walk out to Yacht Haven Grande (ask directions) and take a $1.00 bus, you'd want to get off just past the seaplane terminal at the post office on the left then walk straight through to the marina (it's behind McDonald's). Since you'll be trying to catch your excursion, I'd go with a taxi, as the $1.00 buses may not get you there in time. Have fun!

Frenchtown is about 1.5 miles from the Havensight dock. It's walkable for anybody who's active and can take the heat. Like the above poster said, you would make a left turn at the Arturo Watlington, Sr Post Office and walk past McDonald's to the marina.

What excursion leaves from Frenchtown?