Room for 4 but only 2 people staying - question

the sailing date is may 2. I spoke w/ a rep and she said that all the doubles except 2 are old, but there are many triple and quads remaining. She said it is a possibility that I could be moved, but its a slim chance since the remaining 2 doubles will likely by sold before the triples or quads. (her words). Not sure whether to stay or move.

the new room is closer to the center of the ship, and portside. the room I am in now is towards the middle-back, not portside. Both deck 7. It is important to me that I remain on deck and be somewhat near the middle of the ship .....so I am nervous that I may be moved, I would not want that to happen. (Though I am thinking the chances may be slim?) I would like the other room but still deciding whether its worth the risk... Basically the new room would get me portside, and a little closer to the middle of the ship.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2176885

Take a look at a recent thread I started, I'm not sure who told you they would switch you, but it sounds like I need to talk to whoever you talked to. I talked to FOUR different PVPs and nobody would move my husband and I to a 3 person cabin. And our sail date is April 19. And there are tons of open cabins still. And it LETS me do it online, but I cannot find anyone who will change my reservation. Even though those restrictions have been lifted for online booking.

They all told me that yes, I could be booted from my room if 3 people needed that room. So for that reason it was a no no.

We recently booked a "4 room" cabin on breeze. There are 3 of us going. They did ask us to move because a family with a handicapped child wanted to be closer to other relatives. We got $150 obc, fruit basket and a bottle of wine. They even put us in another 4 person room it was same deck just across the hallway.

Then....... They asked us to move again for a family of 4. I asked if they would give me credit or something to compensate. They said no. They haven't moved my room. Keep in mind it was for a room on another deck level. We have spa balcony deck 11 and they wanted to move us to 12.

We sail this Saturday so hopefully all goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just DH & myself booked into a 4 person room on the Lido deck for a August sailing. The rep never said a word about it being a 4 person room or that I couldn't have that room or I might get booted......notta, nothing. (The first room I wanted was a handicap room and the rep did tell me no to that one, but I couldn't tell that it was a h/c room from looking at the deck plans.) We have had the room booked since December no less. I know there is a slim chance we could get booted, but at this stage of the game, I'm doubting it.

But hey, as long as I'm on a ship headed to someplace with a beach where I can put my a$$ in the water & my toes in the sand, where I have to sleep on said ship makes no difference to me. :D

The simple answer to the OPs question is yes you can be booted if the cruiseline has a request for a cabin for 4 right up until the last few days. They will not downgrade you if you have to move and they may compensate you with a small upgrade or non-refundable OBC. Just be prepared for a "possible" change in room assignments.

Port and starboard are like left and right.

When facing the bow---

Port is Left is Even. Four letters, even cabin numbers

Starboard is Right is Odd. Odd number of letters, odd cabin numbers

Port side of ship might have been the side tied to port at one time but not now. It can change from cruise to cruise depending on ????? We've been to one port too many times to count on 3 different lines, sometimes weeks apart and the ship sometimes docks port and sometimes docks starboard.

Ships at both NOLA and Long Beach always dock starboard.

If you're at a tender port the ship can swing with the currents.

Edited by SadieN