Spa treatments- which were your faves?

NOLAbebe

An automatic tip is now being added. I think it was 15%.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Are you serious? I refuse to tip when they automatically add one. That means it is not a real tip but a service charge that we have to pay. A tip is voluntary. Wonder why they would do that?

Does anyone remember if the spa people are Carnival or an outside vendor?

I had my hair styled for formal night/my birthday and I really liked how it came out. My hair is long and won't hold a curl very long, so she basically made loops with my hair and secured it with a ton of bobby pins. It stayed all night, even after dancing. :)

100_0218.jpg.c64fe3021418df6ec158bf1899850eaa.jpg

100_0209.jpg.e476a49c8eba2fc870c25fc7e7a2c2cb.jpg

100_0228.jpg.7a4762a10f3bb0f0f6ab90ea259eabd7.jpg

I had my hair styled for formal night/my birthday and I really liked how it came out. My hair is long and won't hold a curl very long, so she basically made loops with my hair and secured it with a ton of bobby pins. It stayed all night, even after dancing. :)

Soooo pretty!!! Very romantic! <3

I have had a ton of aromatherapy massages, but never one with rocks- y'all keep raving about this (and so do friends of mine), but all I imagine is rough, burning stones scraping over my sensitive skin! To be fair, I can't even stand moderate pressure on most of my body. I have neuropathy pretty badly in my hands and lower extremities, and I have a super-duper sensitive area right where my nape meets my spine. Masseuses always love to 'rub the knots' out there and it almost makes me cry, it hurts so bad! I like gentle, circulatory-enhancing massages, so I am afraid of the hot rocks. Am I being paranoid? I have trouble feeling temperature changes in my lower legs- will this increase my risk of being burned by rocks that are too-hot? Can they get 'too-hot'? I don't mean to sound anxious, but seriously, I burned the entire top surface of my foot by leaning a WARM bowl of pasta against it for less than a minute, and it burned right though a vein down to my tendon layer. EEK.

Maybe they'll let me touch some rocks when I go in for something else and assuage my paranoia!

I have had many massages on land, one single GREAT facial in my life, and one AWFUL one during which she did uncomfortable extractions without asking before she started, and then showed me my red, irritated face in a magnifying mirror and proceeded to tell me how 'aged' and 'angry' my skin was. She then recommended a life-changing serum (which felt like HEAVEN on my skin!) and said she'd leave a box of it at the desk so I could check it out. Well, I checked it out...and immediately checked it back in. $750. For about 1.5 oz of serum. I was like, 'Oh, NOOO, Honey, I am here as a birthday gift. You have mistaken me for someone with actual money.'

Okay, I totally did not say that out loud, but I did think it. I believe I just died on the spot as I scooched it back over the counter with one finger and tried not to choke on my own breath. Somethin' like that.

I do not need a therapist, bless her heart, telling me what is wrong with my skin and body. I would be happy to sit her down and point it out myself. I TOTALLY get that they have a job to do, and that they need to sell product and all, but I already feel bad enough about my flaws. I refuse to submit to that on my vacation! Tell me how much MORE I need to tip them to avoid that and I will do it gladly. I will be flinging dolla-dolla-billz in the air like Richard Pryor in Brewster's Millions. Someone makes me cry on my vacay, someone is going to learn how to fly off a balcony. @_@

Digressing slightly; I have a new spa-related question: does anyone know if there is a particular order or sequence one should use when visiting the various steamrooms, sauna, tepidarium, and therapy pool in the Cloud 9 spa?

Digressing slightly; I have a new spa-related question: does anyone know if there is a particular order or sequence one should use when visiting the various steamrooms, sauna, tepidarium, and therapy pool in the Cloud 9 spa?

Sadly..the last time I had these levels of it was on Star Princess 2002...lol. Was shocked at the different ones there were..so lovely and on a ship....they told me there to follow the order with a natural starting point where we were standing but went over any particular body issues one may have to overdoing or etc. with your personal issues...

Not to over heat too much or too long,,,drink plenty of water and then end on these heated tile loungers...I tell you had that massage and then did this and it was beyond heaven...

I was with a friend and had to end it all too soon and she thought she was being sweet with the huge bloody mary she had waiting for me at the end in the cabin..LOL..hopefully you can be able to make it last and have some ocean viewing and nice ice water for a bit over looking the sea..try to have down time both... time in there and out on deck chairs maybe in shade....afterwords to continue soaking up the feeling.

I have got to go here..for not the deallke this but our hot springs...been over a year...and for a massage and haircut...thanks to you and this thread...and not just a cheap trim like usual.....LOL.

But back to your question yes there is usually a reasonable order they are in that they can change up or you can pick length of time in and cooling off for your specific body type, health and needs...

It's all like coffee isn't it? First a hot tub,,or maybe just a warm pool..then sauna and steam room options..then thalassotherapy and a million different steam rooms dry and wet saunas...

It goes to half calf half decaf skinny mocha latte first followed by espresso on ice from the days of Foldgers at the camp ground...LOL...even thought that hits the spot sometimes...for me...DAY PICNIC ONLY NOW...real sheets and no less than a nice trailer at night...LOL..

This is sooo great they have made these facilities nicer and nicer on Carnival..again the so called "budget" line has five star perks...

I used to work out in a warm water pool with tons of chlorine...I have not done these thallasso pools yet and keep away form most ship pools and regular hot tubs but love the saunas and such and will do the thallasso type or solarium type pool when on that kind of ship. It really helps to have a chlorine rinse to do your suit with afterwords..or cheap older suits..a few with you...it does just make one go through the suits... the treated pool we need to be safe.....I got them used and at Goodwill and Target and K-mart all the time when doing that...do not use your favorite gorgeous deck suit for that...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Hi again, just read another of your posts...I have chronic pain stuff too...they will listen and you tell them...if it is a rare horrible one (treatment) just end it...but usually it is ok to great. You say what kind of massage when you make appt..that helps and you say you need heat education...for all of it if you can't feel how hot sometimes skip certain things. I have never done the stone thing..hot pads and heated table but no stone thing..so make them aware although they must have this issue for folks. I prefer having the hands doing the pressure and sensing things than these things...but some folks prefer the stones and massage mix or more just heat wrap and dry skin off whatever,,,with a few stones...so do tell them your nerve pain heat thing...you are not alone...the reason we all do it is pain and body relief not torture or bad surprises...!!!

I just tip 15 to 20 percent and say...at the top..I have sensitive skin...and my own prescribed potions at home...but can try stuff for sensitive skin and NO extractions on a facial..but has been a decade since any of that kind of facial thing..back to basics is dear Montana..LOL...Sarah

But you can find all the spa stuff here now...just maybe not so many saunas and pools..LOL..Sarah

I find great stuff for my skin on sale at TJ Maxx..and Costco's line...Sarah

Edited by sjn911