On Board the Valor

gizmo911

Will be on Valor 3/27 - 4/4. I have my port itineraries all set but would like to know a little about on board such as:

1- Ship Tour: cost and is it worth it

2- Does Valor have cooking demonstration

3- Bingo: do you need a doper or is it the same as usual

4- Are there $2 blackjack tables

5- What movies are they showing now

6- How are the shows and comedy club performers

Thanks for any info you can provide

Edited by gizmo911

Will be on Valor 3/27 - 4/4. I have my port itineraries all set but would like to know a little about on board such as:

1- Ship Tour: cost and is it worth it $95, well worth it, book as soon as you board.

2- Does Valor have cooking demonstration

3- Bingo: do you need a doper or is it the same as usual

4- Are there $2 blackjack tables no...lowest I saw on our last cruise was $6

5- What movies are they showing now

6- How are the shows and comedy club performers

Thanks for any info you can provide

That's all I can comment on, hope that helps.

Ship tour to us is not worth it, we don't like to be told what time we have to leave and get back, we don't like to go with a huge group on a tour of the island, waiting for everybody to stop lingering around taking their photos or going to the bathroom is just not using my time wisely there. We prefer to hire our own tour guide privately and have it set up showing us the things we like to see and that interest us. I would definitely use the cruise tours for snorkeling, catamaran, boat trip because doing these on your own, if something happens you may miss the ship going with the cruise line your guaranteed the ship wait for you to get back. Our private land tours we always arrive back two hours in advance before the ship leaves.

If taking a beach excursion do it on your own, usually the cost be at least half cheaper this way or more.

I only have noticed $5 blackjack tables at certain times during the day, never seen $2 tables but I really aren't a card player all a slot player and roulette.

Shows on Carnival are the "inexpensive" types out of all cruise lines, we don't go to Carnival shows but the comedy are the best of all other cruise lines. Make sure you arrive early because its packed.

Ship tour to us is not worth it, we don't like to be told what time we have to leave and get back, we don't like to go with a huge group on a tour of the island, waiting for everybody to stop lingering around taking their photos or going to the bathroom is just not using my time wisely there. We prefer to hire our own tour guide privately and have it set up showing us the things we like to see and that interest us. I would definitely use the cruise tours for snorkeling, catamaran, boat trip because doing these on your own, if something happens you may miss the ship going with the cruise line your guaranteed the ship wait for you to get back. Our private land tours we always arrive back two hours in advance before the ship leaves.

If taking a beach excursion do it on your own, usually the cost be at least half cheaper this way or more.

I only have noticed $5 blackjack tables at certain times during the day, never seen $2 tables but I really aren't a card player all a slot player and roulette.

Shows on Carnival are the "inexpensive" types out of all cruise lines, we don't go to Carnival shows but the comedy are the best of all other cruise lines. Make sure you arrive early because its packed.

The on ship tour was referring to "Behind the Scenes", not shore tours and how You do it. Sorry.

OP sorry took the words "ship tour" as excursions, what is the cost for that tour?

Large ships $95 I think. I took one on a small ship, it was $55 if I remember right. Don't go on one unless you can withstand metal stair climbing and long periods of standing. I found it a wonderful instructional tour, don't regret a moment of it because it helps understand what really goes on, but I was sure tired after.